• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alleged Racism at Woking game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not justifying the comment if that does have racist connotations but I thought it was just a derivative of “get back in your box” which is usually used in situations where someone was acting too big for their boots. Given the Woking players when walking back from their own fans were winding people up in the East then in that sense the comment is harmless.

However if it is a genuinely racist phrase then I’ll happily admit to being wrong and say it is not acceptable.

I think we can only comment on the facts as many of us are not privy to the context here.

All we know for certain is, Stan acted in an impeccably, professional manner. It is now in the hands of the necessary officials and will be dealt with accordingly.

Let's not condemn a person before any investigation has been fully completed. As Stan well knows, mud sticks. Once an assumption is made and voiced, it can be very hard to shake off, irrespective of if you're guilty or innocent.

There is zero point getting into debates about what constitutes a racial or derogatory comment as only the fan in question knows what he meant. We all interpret things differently, hence an array of different reactions.

Let's just agree that Stan did everything he could and hope that the authorities do everything to get to the bottom of it.

I'll concentrate on the other fact that the fans in the second half were fantastic and really rallied behind the team and one fans actions doesn't speak for the entire fan base.

UTB!

Last edited:
Woking players were being called ‘animals’ by all corners as they walked off due to the aggression shown in the confrontation in the greens. I don’t necessarily think that the guy meant it as the Woking player has decided he meant it myself, but there you are.

I guess only the bloke who said it will know if he meant it in a racist way or not. It’s not exactly as condemning as if he called a black player the N word.

Nothing like this to fire them up to knock us out the FA Cup next week.

Not justifying the comment if that does have racist connotations but I thought it was just a derivative of “get back in your box” which is usually used in situations where someone was acting too big for their boots. Given the Woking players when walking back from their own fans were winding people up in the East then in that sense the comment is harmless.

However if it is a genuinely racist phrase then I’ll happily admit to being wrong and say it is not acceptable.

Most fans of a certain age will have used the term "who rattled your cage" without out it ever being considered racist.

Everything is racist these days. The only way to stop racism is to stop talking about racism.

If the comment was directed at two Woking players of different ethnicity I can’t see how that can be classed as racist?

Anyway, this is not a pleasant thing to read first thing in the morning, and maybe there is a bubbling anger under the surface of our supporter base due to the ongoing off field saga with the new stadium and embargo’s, financial mismanagement etc.

Not excusing it, but we really are getting close to the final straw again as a club.

I don’t see how there could be any malicious intent based upon the comment that was made.

Sounds like the guy tried to say they were behaving like animals and I can’t say he was wrong if that’s his intent.

As someone said earlier in the thread this type of stuff is straight out the playbook of ****house teams like Woking. Therefore I take their allegations with a pinch of salt.

Great to see that many are assuming guilty until proven innocent (including Woking FC) as we often do nowadays with these kinds of allegations.

how in Gods name is 'get back in your cage ' a racist remark, all my days what has gone wrong with this country

this was aimed at the bad tackles from all parties and the bad temper and aggression shown from both sides

no racist remark, just players being snowflakes as per normal

bloody hell how much abuse do the officials get each game rightly or wrongly and yet anything aimed at a snowflake player and they are in the police box having a moan and then seeing their therapist for 6 weeks as they are mentally scared

Jesus we would be seeing officials jumping off bridges every weekend

My old Boss was always telling me to get back into my cage or box , when I was chatting / gossiping at the coffee machine during working hours. Lol

I would be described as on the woke side of such debates, and struggle to see how that can be interpreted as a racist slur against a single player when shouted at a group of players.

Woking statement on Twitter has some front about it too, given every disturbing scene up to that point was instigated by their players.

Pretty pointless getting too indignant over this incident. As Stan has pointed out, a comment was made, the receiver found it racist, and it's been reported to the Police to investigate further. That's what they will do, and they will talk to those involved.

If they decide that there is a case to answer action will follow. No amount of 'it's racist' or 'it's not racist' on here will make the slightest difference to the outcome. What is for sure is that it's publicity we could do without.

Pretty pointless getting too indignant over this incident. As Stan has pointed out, a comment was made, the receiver found it racist, and it's been reported to the Police to investigate further. That's what they will do, and they will talk to those involved.

If they decide that there is a case to answer action will follow. No amount of 'it's racist' or 'it's not racist' on here will make the slightest difference to the outcome. What is for sure is that it's publicity we could do without.
well close down the thread then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back