• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alleged Racism at Woking game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty pointless getting too indignant over this incident. As Stan has pointed out, a comment was made, the receiver found it racist, and it's been reported to the Police to investigate further. That's what they will do, and they will talk to those involved.

If they decide that there is a case to answer action will follow. No amount of 'it's racist' or 'it's not racist' on here will make the slightest difference to the outcome. What is for sure is that it's publicity we could do without.
and close down any threads about Ron Martin as anything the supporters might say won't make any difference

The assault on one of their players sounds problematic to say the least… or is that another ‘alleged’ incident.? What happens… a fine ? Games behind closed doors ? After the ‘assault’ on the Solihull gk this is really not good however much goading has gone on.

Why would I do that? my post was a personal view, just like yours.
because whatever people say won't make any difference so it just stops people wasting their time and you know as well as I do it will get hijacked and it will get silly and it will end up being closed down anyway

because whatever people say won't make any difference so it just stops people wasting their time and you know as well as I do it will get hijacked and it will get silly and it will end up being closed down anyway
Nothing here merits closure at the moment.

The assault on one of their players sounds problematic to say the least… or is that another ‘alleged’ incident.? What happens… a fine ? Games behind closed doors ? After the ‘assault’ on the Solihull gk this is really not good however much goading has gone on.
The lad who films the games from the South Upper caught it pretty well. You can see pretty clearly a punch from a fan and another fan grabbing hold of Amond's shirt and getting into an argument with him.

It’s not racist, let’s all move on from this pathetic “incident”
And you know that how?

We need absolute zero tolerance so I hope the supporter is banned for life if he did make any type of racist comment.

Having sat in the East a few weeks agoand watched some of our supporters scream at the opposition manager for the whole time and then get offended if they get a response from them,I did think they should probably just focus on supporting the team rather than abusing opposition players and managers.

And you know that
And you know that how?

We need absolute zero tolerance so I hope the supporter is banned for life if he did make any type of racist comment.

Having sat in the East a few weeks agoand watched some of our supporters scream at the opposition manager for the whole time and then get offended if they get a response from them,I did think they should probably just focus on supporting the team rather than abusing opposition players and managers.
The statement clearly says there were several players walking past so this was not aimed at anyone in particular.

I can understand you wanting someone banned if they have gone on a racist rant to someone but that’s clearly not happened.

Stop being a snowflake and move on with life.

People are far too quick to call for “bans” for absolutely no reason.

And you know that how?

and lets hope our supporters don't abuse the officials........oh thats different apparently

When you hear it put like that, you can kind of understand. The English language is a tricky path to tread when it can be construed as racist.
If those comments were made by someone in a certain area of the west stand you'd be asking them to be banned for life. facts

Comments on this thread are worrying. I can’t see how 90% of people are defending someone who shouted a phrase with racist connotations. If it happened to our players you’d all be fuming, asking for bans etc.
Please explain the connotation here? Have you asked the gentleman who said it if there was any racist intent?

Comments on this thread are worrying. I can’t see how 90% of people are defending someone who shouted a phrase with racist connotations. If it happened to our players you’d all be fuming, asking for bans etc.

No, lot of us would not. The only thing the ref got right last night was yellow cards after the 30 man handbags bundle.

Same should be for off the pitch. look up the vlog that Lenny mentioned. You can see exactly what their players were like. Fully goading the home fans even early on after they scored.
Don't dish it out if you cant take it.

If someone said that to our players I wouldn't be bothered because it's not racist as it wasn't directed at an individual(s) with one charachteristic

what about the crap our so called supporters throw each week at the officials if they get it wrong.......should we ban them as well, glass houses and stones

I hope you never throw any abuse or comments at the officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back