• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
I'm going to guess I'm not but personally I'm worried. We currently have 11 senior professionals available for the first game potentially according to Chris Phillips. 14 in the whole team apparently. In total if Barker leaves we'll have 18 players which will leave room for two players if the 20 squad limit rumour is true. Personally, I think we need at least, two strikers, a center back,and one central midfielder. Possibly another Cb as well. How are we going to get them in before the first game or even the end of the window. I'm worried that we won't get it done I time as it appears that we're acting very slowly in the market (Of course that's mostly due to the apparent embargo and the fact we have no money. UT I still haven't heard many rumours lately), am I the only one whose worried?

At least we are looking at players. We've got Clifford, Bennett and Cowan still on trial along with Forte about to come in on loan (hopefully). Josh Rees is still an option as well if he doesn't get a contract at Millwall.

I think we need 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers. If we get in those mentioned above, then we just need one defender to play in the middle with either Prosser or Phillips.

This will most likely depend on the embargo being lifted.

but looking at players is not enough. you need to be able to get out there and damn well make sure you entice and sign them. we've allegedly looked at lots over the summer but not a lot to our name so just looking is not going to help. but not really be in a position to strongly entice. just waitin for left over players who are left desperately searching for new teams. i mean the players mentioned, grant, lee, howe, o'toole , akinfenwa to name 5 plus others and you can see players are not holding out in readiness to join us. this is not a deliberate moan but thats the reality of the situation and ron knows it. and just read in the echo that hurst is struggling to play tomorrow week. gets better. we need to be in a position to pull out all the stops to sign the players we really want but that seems light years away i'm afraid but again that is the reality of our part in the footballing world. just got to grin and bear it and hope things go as well as can be.

And Brown commenting how he is looking players maybe his way of trying to calm fans fears in the transfer market. The only thing he hasn't said was the same words Tilly was briefed into using. " takin our time to find the right ones. No rush". Did think Forte was signing on loan today, maybe he will but if he does play tonight in a trialist capacity that'll be concerning too. if hes keen on a loan move here we should go and complete for if not another side will take him and we#ll miss out on another tatget. forte would be a good addition and we should be lucky to have him here at this level.

And of course isn't it pay day today?? If wage packets haven't been dispatched forthwith? then maybe thats put Forte and co off if they've heard about it. can't blame me for sayin that when this has regularly occured at the end of many months. deffo in may and june.

Should we be questioning PB's wisdom in naming targets, many that appeared far-fetched? I know that he has brought in White, Atkinson and Coker but stating his interest (IIRC) in Bailey, Grant, O'Toole and then announcing that he couldn't understand why (presumably) Lee, hadn't yet signed, hasn't made him look too clever...............or is that being unfair? He looks like someone who hasn't quite come to grips with with the situation he is in, regarding embargoes and funds ...................................or rather, lack of.

We won't sign anyone now until August.

I think that is about right, we will maybe not be even able to play the new players we have signed if they are not registered with the FL by next week and that cant happen until the Um-bongo is lifted, which still needs a lot of sorting out.

I think that is about right, we will maybe not be even able to play the new players we have signed if they are not registered with the FL by next week and that cant happen until the Um-bongo is lifted, which still needs a lot of sorting out.

What a **** state to be in AGAIN!!!!!

I'm not worried about the number of players on the books - we've seen in recent seasons that this can be resolved by a canny manager who knows what he's doing at this level.
I'm worried that we may not have a canny manager who knows what he's doing at this level, but I'm giving him the chance to prove me wrong.

Should we be questioning PB's wisdom in naming targets, many that appeared far-fetched? I know that he has brought in White, Atkinson and Coker but stating his interest (IIRC) in Bailey, Grant, O'Toole and then announcing that he couldn't understand why (presumably) Lee, hadn't yet signed, hasn't made him look too clever...............or is that being unfair? He looks like someone who hasn't quite come to grips with with the situation he is in, regarding embargoes and funds ...................................or rather, lack of.

My opnion is don't reveal your true targets as it'll alert other teams more forcefully. If you do use smokescreen tactic to deflect attention away from the ones you are really chasing. But then the Echo will specualte anyway. But I can't help wondering if Brown has said this to appease the fans. This was his style of doing it, claiming to look at alomst certainly ones out of our reach, to make out we';re in a better place than we are. Can also leave people thinkin he is struggling for knowledge on a deeper level with more realistic players at this level. As I've said Til;son's words were I'm not to be rushed into gettin right players. Brown says I'm looking at the better players. but we need to sign them and thats a majour sticking point for us, at the very key point we tend to come unstuck with those who would almost certainly make the difference.

Brown had a conversation last week with a friend of mine...he knows the crap we are in but will stick it out and do his best.

Is this a real possibility? Would tha mean Coker, Atkinson and White can't play?

Is this a real possibility? Would tha mean Coker, Atkinson and White can't play?

If the Embargo prevents the registering of players then yes unfortunately. This happened with Bilel in 2020. Atkinsoin and White have been a while now so this shows how long we've trapped in this situation. Moreover I'm sure Brown will do his best but him acknowledging to someone on the outside about the crap he admits the club is in and he'll do the best he can does suggest this is a worry.

Hear we go again doom and gloom mongers .God help you lot if the club goes under you wont have anything to talk about . .I will say this again we are broke no money but we will still kick off at 3 pm on the 3rd of august then I will take it from game to game .

Hear we go again doom and gloom mongers .God help you lot if the club goes under you wont have anything to talk about . .I will say this again we are broke no money but we will still kick off at 3 pm on the 3rd of august then I will take it from game to game .

The fans do want the team to do as wellas p[ossible but the discussion in this thread is how it is however unfair that may seem. On the other side of the coin what would be the point of being in denial by saying everythinbg is rosy, Proper support is there, Stacks of money there, just a tad unlucky to lose out on not ony 1 or 2 but 6 or 7 targets. Now that wou;d be great if that were the case but what is the point when we all know all that is a false dawn. Itd be a pointless discussion.

But if the season starts badly will you suddenly harp back to the content of this discussion and conveniently use it as a reasoning behind it? whether it is discussed now or in september this is how it is.

I don't know where you get this in denial thing I like you know the state of our club . I am just sick of hearing about it .What does pulling the club or Ron Martin do .Sweet f**k all . I am as annoyed as the next man . But there is nothing you or I can do about it .Unless one of us wins the euro millons .

Back