• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Am I too old for a sticker album?

Options

• Total voters
I'm in told the mrs and somehow she seemed to think it's a good idea. I will be starting a swapsie club early next week. Hope to see you all there x

My 5 year old has had the Topps Premiershite album last 2 seasons. It has really helped him with numbers and he knows all the teams and players now. Still think it was better in my day when at least you had the team photos of the lower leagues. I can still remember the strange turquoise pitch of Hamilton Academicals.

He (I) will be getting the world cup one.

I think I lost my old sticker books :(. Would be very sad if I had.

3 certainties in life - you die, you pay taxes, and you are never ever ever ever ever ever ever too old for stickers. Ever.

My fridge is adorned with them, I've decorated a football with them as part of someone's present, and someone at the back of the East Greens next week might be in for a plesant sticker surprise next week.

Anyone who says you're too old for stickers deserves to die agonisingly and very slowly. Fact.

Top post Dave, I was only thinking this last weekend when I saw the sticker album in the newsagents.
This thread has shown me that I am not alone - count me in please!:)

Sun Soccer Stamps from 1971/2.

My old Nan gave me the albulm and that led to my Dad having to but The Sun for about three months (which I think he enjoyed) so I could collect the tokens.

Was a major UK wide craze and I recall attending a swappsie club in South Benfleet. Stamps for every club plus loads more.

Ended up getting the complete set but not in time to win the prize that was on offer (a trip to Disneyland).

Still got the book with all the stamps. Thought it might be worth something so just looked it up on EBay - there is an almost full one for £4.99 and no bids. Not the goldmine I was hoping for.

Anyone else collect these?

Ok If i'm honest as an adult was very jealous that it was too childish, couldn't do it. But the Mrs went shopping and mentioned I needed some new trainers, she saw some, I said ok but I need to try them on. I buzz round to the retail park at lakeside(MA's company) bargain £20 shoes £40 england kit for the boy, the bargain in this deal? Where is it I hear you say. I (not my son 3) got a free pannini sticker book 2010 with 2 packs of stickers, well on my way .:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ok If i'm honest as an adult was very jealous that it was too childish, couldn't do it. But the Mrs went shopping and mentioned I needed some new trainers, she saw some, I said ok but I need to try them on. I buzz round to the retail park at lakeside(MA's company) bargain £20 shoes £40 england kit for the boy, the bargain in this deal? Where is it I hear you say. I (not my son 3) got a free pannini sticker book 2010 with 2 packs of stickers, well on my way .:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thats a shame, means you might have to get some more.

I didn't think I'd be able to do this as doubted the stickers would be available in Oz. However the Aussie version of 442 this month is giving away the album and 6 stickers (and a HUGE wallchart). Also the newsagents near my work is also selling the packs of stickers. Get in!

Back