• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
That's all of the first XI friendlies completed and under a week to go now til the first day of the season.

I'm so excited about this. Today, in the rain break on the cricket, I flicked over to SSN and they had the Soccer Saturday style layout set up with one of the Scottish football correspondents. Might not have been the English leagues but it was enough to get me well and truly excited about the new season's imminence.

Going to be counting down the days and I can't wait for that feeling waking up on a Saturday morning, a bit hazy from the night before perhaps, but fresh with the expectation or trepidation of the match.

One thing that is going to be critical against Stoke, I feel, is whether Tilly can get us to be up for it from the first minute of the first game this season. Last season, we did excellently well to turn it around but that result had us all worried about the season ahead.

One fascinating aspect of Tilly's managerial tenure is that he has had to learn most things the hard way but almost invariably he has learned his lessons. Certainly hearing him speak after the friendlies, it seems that he is trying to develop the intensity of performance in the players before the season starts so that we can hit the ground running. Certainly, I can't recall a pre-season that has gone quite as well on the pitch as this one even if we have suffered a fairly significant injury.

I think with 4 out of our first 6 games away we really could do with a win vs Stoke to get the ball rolling.

Its the only home game I can make out of the first four, so Im hoping for a good one!

Back