• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anglia Soccer Night

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
The Cambridge fan last night said we were champions elect, the best team he had seen this season etc etc and the Cambridge Evening News compared us to West Germany of old, once we scored we never looked like conceding!

I cannot take this!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ April 01 2005,09:08)]I cannot take this!
I know... Ian atkins praises us.

Everyone saying we'll go up definately, TV soccer said that after we beat Cambridge we'll be 2 divisions apart.....

...Am I the only one who when people come up and say, Southend's doing well, reckon you'll go up...unless they are Southend fans worthy of a discussion I just say, sorry, can't think about it...really I can't talk about it.

It's doing my head in
Roll on Saturday 7th 16:45...(or perhaps sooner) and
then i'll be happy and then i'll gloat on the Orient boards etc...it's just too....what's that word.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 01 2005,09:17)]It's doing my head in
then i'll be happy and then i'll gloat on the Orient boards etc...it's just too....what's that word.......
Surreal
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 01 2005,09:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ April 01 2005,09:08)]I cannot take this!

Brown trousers time?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ April 01 2005,09:08)]the Cambridge Evening News compared us to West Germany of old
Perhaps our players should sort themselves out with dodgy moustaches and mullets/bubble perms to complete the illusion?

I can't see "West Germany.....It's just like watching West Germany" catching on at the Hall.

we even had a lot of coverage on HTV/West Country Soccer Night. They had Yeovil & Birstol Rovers Fans on there talking about the league and stuff,

Asked the yeovil fan if he thought they would win automatic promotion he replied 'yes' when asked if they would win the league he said 'no, i think southend are going to win it, best team in the league' and they talked about us for a bit.

they then moved onto the Bristol rovers fan asking what his most disappointing moment was this season and he said 'losing to southend in the LDV, we really should have won at home blah blah blah' and then showed fredy and the lads at roots hall celebrating the win.

Happy Days.
biggrin.gif

I was watching London soccer night. They was talking about Southend for at least 10 mins. Also showed a few clips of the fans singing "We are going up". It was Class.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ April 01 2005,10:16)]I was watching London soccer night. They was talking about Southend for at least 10 mins. Also showed a few clips of the fans singing "We are going up". It was Class.  
cool.gif
so guess which muppet watched anglia thinking they would have the best coverage and missed himself on screen!!!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ April 01 2005,10:16)]I was watching London soccer night. They was talking about Southend for at least 10 mins. Also showed a few clips of the fans singing "We are going up". It was Class.  
cool.gif
agreed Clive Alan n co seem to love us for the mo, most of the show was about Southend United FC Well done ITV makes a nice change....

One Team In Essex
AOUTHEND UNITED FC

Isn't it about time someone made a snide remark how many fair weather supporters we are attracting?

Especially seeing as we are going to be taking 20,000 odd to Cardiff next week.

Cheers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 01 2005,13:29)]Isn't it about time someone made a snide remark how many fair weather supporters we are attracting?

Cheers.
Same as last year - and at least 1000 of them are now regular visitors to the Hall, as our average attendance proves.

Average gate of 6500 this time next year anyone ?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 01 2005,14:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 01 2005,13:29)]Isn't it about time someone made a snide remark how many fair weather supporters we are attracting?

Cheers.
Same as last year - and at least 1000 of them are now regular visitors to the Hall, as our average attendance proves.

Average gate of 6500 this time next year anyone ?  
rock.gif
Let's face it, none of us would be here if we hadn't caught that infamous SUFC bug during our first few games (if not the first).

For me, it was the sharpness of wit & the sheer atmosphere of the North Bank that snared my loyal support (combined with the fact that we were having one of most successful periods ever on the pitch at that time).

If we can replicate this in the minds of how ever many "fair-weather" fans are coming tonight or next Sunday or to any game between now at May 7 then can that really, honestly be a bad thing?

I think you may be right CI-Cb, an average of around 6,500 next year is possible, especially if we attack League1 Hartlepool style and flaunt with the playoffs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 01 2005,10:31)]
[b said:
cool.gif
so guess which muppet watched anglia thinking they would have the best coverage and missed himself on screen!!!

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
I spent 15 minutes adding Anglia to my Sky Digital selction, because I heard the coverage of Southend was very good. I was going to record London Soccer night, but I couldn't because my mum was recording Jaime Fecking Oliver! So guess which one I watched.

Yep, Anglia...

mad.gif

I think most of us were pi$$ed off last night; we didn't do as bad as most of the other teams when you consider that most of the first half of the show was taken up with Mike Newell rabbitting on about something or other (sorry I don't speak scouse).

Still Mike from Northampton drove 200 miles to get to the recording and got to say about two words. Win Some, Lose Some
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yeovil_Shrimper @ April 01 2005,10:06)]d he said 'losing to southend in the LDV, we really should have won at home blah blah blah'
yeah playing 1 striker on his own was a great idea!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ April 01 2005,16:30)]I think most of us were pi$$ed off last night; we didn't do as bad as most of the other teams when you consider that most of the first half of the show was taken up with Mike Newell rabbitting on about something or other (sorry I don't speak scouse).

Still Mike from Northampton drove 200 miles to get to the recording and got to say about two words.  Win Some, Lose Some
smile.gif
as a matter of interest where abouts is the programme recordered, and yes i know its in a studion but where in the country

Back