• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nah, that was Bressington.

Some of us still haven't forgiven him:'(

Very true!

How sad that his dodgy knees decided to finally give out 0.6 seconds before striking the ball for that penalty kick. I recall the ball almost clearing the stand which is an impressive feat from 12 yards at Notts County's ground

Fiorentina, what an amazing day out that was £175 to get the plane from Southend to Pisa airport. I'd never been abroad before and stepping off the plane to that heat was amazing, I'd never felt anything like it.

Alison Moyet was on the flight with her fella, as were the players I recall. A lovely day spent around Florence before the visit to the stadium. What a staduim, though the plastic on the terracing they like to call seats was rather bizarre. It was like a shopping arcade under the stands, truly amazing.

Yes we lost 3-0, but I'm so glad I got to go.

funny how your memory plays tricks on you but I stand corrected! Could have sworn the Fiorentina game was in the aftenoon but thinking back, didnt they let us in to look round the ground in the afternoon? that might be what I am thinking of! Mick Bodley was I think the one centre half who was fit - Bressington was the casualty from the Grimsby match and we also had one suspended I think. Great to see some of those old photos - it really doesnt seem so long ago! By the way the Salonika match mentioned before was a during season friendly that we palyed for some reason or other.....I think we won 4-0 and that was the last time I sat/stood in the north bank!

I went to Fiorentina & Cosenza. Both games were on Tuesdays. Didn't go with the Club because the prices were a rip-off. Both times we flew to Rome on Kenya Airways because it was the cheapest option.

There was a good group of us for the Fiorentina game and we got the train there from Rome. We lost 3-0 (Batistuta 2 & Orlando) but had a great day, drinking & exchanging shirts, scarves, etc. with the Fiorentina fans.

Yep, a great trip. Still have some photos of it somewhere but think they may be in a box in my Mum's loft.

I've resurrected this thread because I'm looking for someone to do an article on their experiences travelling to away game(s) in the Anglo-Italian cup. Obviously memories may be sketchy, but not really looking for too much on the match itself, just the overall journey, day, any hi-jinks, experience with the locals, that kind of stuff.

If anyone is willing to write something for All At Sea, either DM me or e-mail us at the link in the sig.

Our next issue is out on December 15 for the Bradford game, so I'd need anything to come in before December 7.

Thanks in advance

I've resurrected this thread because I'm looking for someone to do an article on their experiences travelling to away game(s) in the Anglo-Italian cup. Obviously memories may be sketchy, but not really looking for too much on the match itself, just the overall journey, day, any hi-jinks, experience with the locals, that kind of stuff.

If anyone is willing to write something for All At Sea, either DM me or e-mail us at the link in the sig.

Our next issue is out on December 15 for the Bradford game, so I'd need anything to come in before December 7.

Thanks in advance

With recent goings on (Tottenham) I cant see this tournament being started up again!

Yeah obviously it'll never be back what with travel costs and the fact it was a bit of a flop to be honest last time, don't remember gates being that good. Plus always the risk of being stabbed in the head of course.

i remember being 5 or 6 i think and we played at home and andy sussex scored a pen for some reason ak salonika comes to mind.
Also remember the game when we lost on penalties to notts county in 94 i think

I remeber the Solonika game it was a pre season friendly, i remember it mostly because i was about 15 and there was a stunning blonde lass infront of me with a great pair and i missed most of the game as my eyes were fixated on them!

When the club dropped their ludicrously high initial flight prices at the last minute for the Fiorentina game I received clearance from the then wife to book for the trip.

Bounced into the office IIRC on the Monday ready to tell my boss that I'd be heading Italy bound, but discovered she'd been hit by a motorbike courier the night before & was in intensive care. Regrettably our compnay was in a "tricky" financial position so I had to call off my proposed trip. :darkcloud:

I did however go to Reggiana when 5 of us (Charlie Benson, Bob Sills, Stacy Small, Scott Elliot & myself) drove to Milan in Grey John's (Scott's dad) virtually brand new Lexus. Unfortunately it was a very dull trip & nothing interesting happened. :thumbsup:

Dont know why they dont have a lower league european cup. Winners of the leagues and mickey mouse cups against the equivelant in france germany and spain. Would be quality with espn taking up the right for coverage.

Fiorentina way was an amazing day out. Massive team just relegated with Batistuta in the team was a day ill never forget. £175 each for me and the then girlfried was a lot of money back then but well worth it for the take off and landing at Southend airport with a short runway. Seeing the leaning tower of Pisa first hand, the many many beautiful architectural buildings in Florence made it wonderful. Shame about the score.

I went on the club-organised trip to Florence. It was a 3 day trip from Southend Airport and we stayed in a good hotel in some village. Remember having a chat with Jason Lee when the players were wandering around in their free time. Fiorontina fans were friendly in the bars before the match, probably because they couldn't believe we had come all that way and had never heard of Sufc. The trip was well organised with sightseeing trips included. The match was an anti-climax, a crowd of less than 1,000 and we lost 3-0 I recall. Fiorontina had been relegated a year before but still had the talent of Batistuta playing for them upfront. Great times. A lot of us had T shirts with "Barry Fry's Flying Army" on the front.

Back