• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Doesn't matter if the bill gets paid beforehand. We shouldn't even be getting into this situation.

Eventually the courts/HMRC are going to get fed up and just think sod it. Wind them up because they'll just be back here in a few months.

I expect that, once again, when the time comes, the bill will have been paid before it gets to court, so the appearance will be yet another formality.

I hope so but my hairdresser told me that a certain individual he was talking to and who would be in a very good position to judge expressed the view that he would not be surprised if SUFC went into admin this close season.

I expect that, once again, when the time comes, the bill will have been paid before it gets to court, so the appearance will be yet another formality.

Ron seems to be missing a trick or two here. He should be speaking to Starbucks, Apple and Google to find out how to dodge the taxman ..... after all we don't need hospitals or equipment for the armed forces, do we?

Or perhaps teamed up with Tescos - I hear they work hard not to pay taxes alongside their Indian and Polish operations. Far better that the shareholders have dividends than the money be spent on cancer drugs ......

A bit of politics there .......:omg:

There is only one person who pays anything and has for years...Sainsbury's....it is their call.
Why would sainsbury pay anything to SUFC if RM / MD were not involved? The money Sainsury pay are basically advances to MD on Roots Hall, which MD then lends to the club.

If RM was to sell, for it to be of benefit for SUFC the new owner would have to put in tens of millions

Ron seems to be missing a trick or two here. He should be speaking to Starbucks, Apple and Google to find out how to dodge the taxman ..... after all we don't need hospitals or equipment for the armed forces, do we?

Or perhaps teamed up with Tescos - I hear they work hard not to pay taxes alongside their Indian and Polish operations. Far better that the shareholders have dividends than the money be spent on cancer drugs ......

A bit of politics there .......:omg:

No need to ask them lot, we don't pay corporation tax anyway ......

Yet again the club gets dragged through the mud. Whatever next ? Jeremy Kyle doing the team talks :blush:

The end is nigh.No bailouts forth coming so a **** season ahead with a points deduction if we are lucky.:unsure:

Why would sainsbury pay anything to SUFC if RM / MD were not involved? The money Sainsury pay are basically advances to MD on Roots Hall, which MD then lends to the club.

If RM was to sell, for it to be of benefit for SUFC the new owner would have to put in tens of millions

I have never understood Gary how you see the separation between RM and the club and the various companies he owns..if he owns the lot it is one bag however you shake it up. From your position as an accountant I can fathom your reasoning but as Sainsbury's already basically own Roots Hall after guarantees of previous loans and are paying for the 3 sided stadium do they actually need RM anymore?

I have never understood Gary how you see the separation between RM and the club and the various companies he owns..if he owns the lot it is one bag however you shake it up. From your position as an accountant I can fathom your reasoning but as Sainsbury's already basically own Roots Hall after guarantees of previous loans and are paying for the 3 sided stadium do they actually need RM anymore?
SEL own SUFC and Roots Hall. They also own another company with an SEL name (I cant remember the exact name) who owns B&L
If RM was to sell SUFC then he would still control the companies who own the real estate against which the loans from Sainsbury have been secured and the deals done.
Sainsbury may appear to effectively own RH at the moment, it is only to the same extent to that of the bank owning your house if you have taken out a secured loan. As long as MD dont sell SEL. Sainsbury will not be effected bu

It's moving handbags around a dance floor. If they are all owned by the same person with sweet FA to back it up..welcome to the house of cards.

I am quite sure whoever Sainsburys lent monies to would be guaranteed against the ground.They are not that stupid to lend to some other one of RM's companies that was worthless and had no holdings.

Doesn't matter if the bill gets paid beforehand. We shouldn't even be getting into this situation.

Eventually the courts/HMRC are going to get fed up and just think sod it. Wind them up because they'll just be back here in a few months.

I could not agree more. This whole 'we owe the taxman/others money' saga that keeps on happening is utterly demoralizing.

I like to think that Ron is like the Ace Face from Quadraphenia in court.

*whips out cheque book* Mind if I pay know your honour?

Dont know why you are all panicking. Wembley meant we broke even this year. This must just be a clerical mix up, they probably just have us on an Outlook reminder and they forgot to take it off.

Back