• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The most worrying aspect for me is that the Winding Up Petition has arrived just a few weeks after the Wembley payday and at a time when season ticket monies for next season have been banked (although probably lower ST sales than previous years). The next 3 months will only see late Season Card receipts with no day to day income.In summary the Petition has arrived at a time following better than monthly average cash inflows due to Wembley. I hate to think what our cash position would have been if we had lost to Orient.

I think for many the club doesn't feel like the one they started supporting and have done throughout the years. I was passionate even in the Wignall days (Boston at home anyone?) but lately I can see why supporters feel slightly alienated and disillusioned. **** football is part and parcel of being a lower league supporter and loyal fans can accept that. Regular scenarios such as this however is enough to make anyone take a back seat.

Bang on Sir.

Martin showed ambition and it failed, I see no other investors forthcoming and the guy puts his money into the club making losses every year. The guy can't be that wealthy himself so I don't understand the hate. What more could he do apart from slash the budget and see us an average league 2 team potential.

Our appearances in court are a regular occurrence these days, is this really anything that won't be sorted on the day? (Like the last 10). I personally won't be getting concerned until I see the outcome of the hearing.

Can't be to surprised no income coming in at the moment, no profits being made so therefore no earnings to pay the bills, we be hearing next that players and staff haven't been paid again and then mysteriously a couple of days before the court date a payment will be made.

Same S*** different day

Can't be to surprised no income coming in at the moment, no profits being made so therefore no earnings to pay the bills, we be hearing next that players and staff haven't been paid again and then mysteriously a couple of days before the court date a payment will be made.

Same S*** different day

Surely making £300,000 from Wembley should have carried us over though? Thats the equivalent of about 10 home games.

Surely making £300,000 from Wembley should have carried us over though? Thats the equivalent of about 10 home games.

That money was spent before we had even received it!

That money was spent before we had even received it!

Which says bundles about how serious trouble we are now in.

Last summer was bad enough, this year we actually were meant to break even according to Ron and yet we are still in trouble with nearly 3 months to go until the new season.

Just a thought, if we sold £1.2 million pounds worth of Wembley tickets, the V.A.T on that is £200,000 +. Do we pass this on to HRMC or do the League? If we do and this is added to the usual PAYE and VAT for the quarter, this periods bill could be huge!

Just a thought, if we sold £1.2 million pounds worth of Wembley tickets, the V.A.T on that is £200,000 +. Do we pass this on to HRMC or do the League? If we do and this is added to the usual PAYE and VAT for the quarter, this periods bill could be huge!

It would be huge, but we also made a huge profit so should have been able to cover it. We were meant to make £300,000 from that day, the fact we still cant pay bills after that is a tad concerning.

I would have thought the League would deal with that although there's probably VAT on the £1 service charge. Brown's 6-month's money up front wouldn't have helped - or was that a "rumour" ?

I would have thought the League would deal with that although there's probably VAT on the £1 service charge. Brown's 6-month's money up front wouldn't have helped - or was that a "rumour" ?

I don't want to know. I think it was second hand news.

Back