• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's the odds on no action from the fans to show their disapproval of how the club is being run.

It's cowardly waiting quietly til the end.

Yep. Let's all go and climb on the club shop roof again. That worked well.

The worries over the finances are bad enough , but let's keep Brucie out of this.It's not as if he could play a 'good game' at his age...........

The worries over the finances are bad enough , but let's keep Brucie out of this.It's not as if he could play a 'good game' at his age...........

Still enjoys a round of golf...."He is now 78 years old. He has has a golf handicap of 15." that is a pretty good game.

They should have added to the list of stats that have been going up on the official website recently things like
  • How many times Southend United has had winding up orders
  • The distance travelled by Ron to High Court trips
  • Number of times Southend has won (or at least not been wound up)

That last one would make better reading than our home record last year

Maybe so, but they're all away matches. We're better away than at home.

Its great to see folk on hear are ready to throw the towel in . Pleased to see some on hear are up for the fight we are not the only club going through this and we wont be the last . I believe the season will start with SUFC still hanging on in there with a fall team . I believe it has been said that we have to appear on the 20th of june . But I also read we cant bring in players before the end of june .So an embargo will not do us any damage as long as the bill is payed .And all this talk about the tax man getting pi**ed of with us taking us to court .Again I will remind you of PORTSMOUTH are they out of business NO

Maybe so, but let's run through a scenario: We're after a player, who has other clubs after him. No-one can sign him before the 30th June because he's under contract somewhere else. Another club says we'll sign you on the 1st July, and pay you x amount. We say, we'll sign you on the 1st July, and pay you x amount, if we're still in business. We also may not be able to pay you on time either. Where do you think the player will go?

Let's look at another scenario: A player that has been released and is out of contract so can be signed now, except we're not even in the running because we're under an embargo.

CP on Twitter:

An embargo last summer stopped Paul Sturrock landing some of his transfer targets including goalkeeper Stuart Nelson, who joined Gillingham.

What does Ron Martin actually do for a living? What can be done to solve this problem which seems to keep happening if the man has no money to keep bailing out the club?

Maybe so, but let's run through a scenario: We're after a player, who has other clubs after him. No-one can sign him before the 30th June because he's under contract somewhere else. Another club says we'll sign you on the 1st July, and pay you x amount. We say, we'll sign you on the 1st July, and pay you x amount, if we're still in business. We also may not be able to pay you on time either. Where do you think the player will go?

Let's look at another scenario: A player that has been released and is out of contract so can be signed now, except we're not even in the running because we're under an embargo.

CP on Twitter:

Bang on.

It's not just the threat of Admin or worse. Which with each High Court appearance will be growing in possibility...

At best its another summer of turmoil. Missing out on key targets, square pegs in round holes, no time to gel etc etc. It's just a ****ing joke and could result in another crap season.

What does Ron Martin actually do for a living? What can be done to solve this problem which seems to keep happening if the man has no money to keep bailing out the club?

Property developer isn't he? What can be done - unless a buyer comes along with a huge wad, nothing.

Anyone know when the last time he developed any property actually was? Not having a go, just genuinely interested.

I wonder if the businessmen who were interested in buying before will be around. We're just on a downward trajectory, and unfortunately I just can't see this changing under Ron.

Anyone know when the last time he developed any property actually was? Not having a go, just genuinely interested.

Wasn't it one of the college buildings off the high street? I vaguely remember that being mentioned a few years ago.

I have often wondered the same thing, considering the magnitute of the proposed stadium and retail park I would just like to see something that he can lay claim to.

Back