• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
The spate of murdered Mitchells in the East End of London was added to once more, as Kevin Mitchell was blown away by a rampant Michael Katsidis at an Upton Park which is growing accustomed to home losses.

Much was made of Mitchell’s recent form and his credentials as another English world title hope, following in the steps of Amir Khan and Ricky Hatton before him. He needed to step up to the plate here and prove that the coverage was worth its weight, yet Katsidis once again broke English hearts.

Mitchell enjoyed a disciplined start to the fight, dancing around the ring and firing his jab early on, clearly looking to avoid the heavy right hand of the Australian invader and, despite a scare half way through the round, it seemed to be working. Mitchell edged the first round, although the signs were ominous.

The second saw Mitchell emerge from his shell and begin to stack combinations onto Katsidis, who at one point appeared to be hurt by a quick right handed jab. Mitchell continued to evade the advances of the interim WBO lightweight champion and, in truth, Mitchell looked every bit the part of champion in waiting.

Then came the arduous and ultimately decisive third round. Katsidis exploded out of his corner and caught Mitchell with a venomous right hook that shook the foundations of the Dagenham born contender. Clearly shaken, and with his legs still shaking, Mitchell showed his inexperience by failing to cling onto a rampant Katsidis who looked to end the fight quickly with a series of good, heavy punches.

A minute later and the fight was over. Backed into the ropes, Mitchell looked to brawl his way out and was caught with a left hook which landed with all the ferocity of a wrought iron bust of Queen Victoria. With Mitchell teetering on the brink of consciousness, the officials were left with no other decision other than to end the East End boy’s dreams of a win inside Upton Park.

Where Mitchell goes from here lies in his response. He’s clearly a talented, yet largely inexperienced at this level, fighter who certainly knows how to box. Khan took his devastating loss to Breidis Prescott on the proverbial chin, took his career more seriously and is now reaping the benefits. Mitchell has all the talent and enthusiasm to follow in Khan’s footsteps.

Just no more fights at Upton Park, Kevin... I don’t think the locals can take much more of this.

Last edited:
Good, Hamster ****. I'd rather see almost anyone win over an 'East End Boy' watched by an Upton Park full of Kray Twin worshipping cockney and wannabe cockney muppets.

Can't agree with at all... I'd rather see some cockney, yet English, Hamster win a world title over some marauding Australian.

As it happens, I thought both Mitchell and Katsidis handled themselves incredibly well after the fight.

My mate is high up at the British Amateur Boxing Association. Mitchell was always going to lose.

Some tips for 2012...

Martin Ward at 60kgs
Savannah Marshall at 75kgs.

My mate is high up at the British Amateur Boxing Association. Mitchell was always going to lose.

Some tips for 2012...

Martin Ward at 60kgs
Savannah Marshall at 75kgs.

Yep. I couldn't believe that some bookies had Mitchell as the favourite... Katsidis has been knocking out boxers a lot better than Mitchell for the best part of a decade.

Both Kevin Mitchell's and EastStandBlue's careers are looking very promising indeed.

Back