• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another reason not to vote for Labour...

West Country Shrimper

Read on This is Essex website last night that good old John Prescott has told a load of gypsies to move from Crays Hill to Pitsea/Vange area inbetween the C2C line and Chesnut Road area. Can't believe this. My parents live across the road from that area and my flatmate lives near Pitsea Station and they arent happy. Why can't they just move the gypsies from Crays Hill and put them somewhere else?

The house prices round my home area will go down and that isnt going to be good for people who now want to move from the area to somewhere away from these people. They cause trouble and arent nice people to be around.

Any thoughts?

not all about gypsies. but freddy eastwood dad lives there so be thoughtful...

A local topic very close to my heart. The Dale Farm site is illegally home to 86 families mostly Irish travellers who seem to think that this country owes them a living and that setting up home on this piece of greenbelt is perfectly fine and dandy. Home truth time. The land is green belt and as such is deemed illegal to build on without planning permission. Park homes have been sited, bricked in and linked up to the local aminities, block paving laid and yards contructed to give it that lived in, homely feel. Heres the interesting bit. Basildon council are prepared to spend £20 million to get them off the land and have asked every other local council in Essex to help with relocation. Castle Point, Southend and Rayleigh have all refused point blank, Col******r likewise and Maldon District Council state that they have more than there fair share already.

The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, your southern hating favorite, John Prescott has more or less said its a local council problem so sort it out yourselves (Tory led council) yet welcomed Andrew McKinley with open arms and sent the police in as soon as 10 caravans turned up in a field on the slip road from the A13 to the M25 (Labour MP and labour controlled council)

A local resident from Crays Hill has looked into buying land in both Hull (Prescott) and Sedgefield ( Tony Blair) to sell onto travellers so they can see what it's like to have them for neighbours and he has been warned against this by the police as it could be seen a profiteering.

My company depot has been attacked more times than I can remember by these people in search of free diesel and anything else they can lay their hands on. Basildon police have a tri-monthly raid on Dale Farm to recover countless stolen goods cars machinery and plant but I cannot remember one arrest being made.

There are more imported cars running about on red or green diesel and even worse, carasin than anywhere else in the country and most of those have false plates and forged tax discs. Several months ago The Echo reported a warehouse had been erected and was storing imported sofa's and such like. It's still there, they are still pushing the stuff out to unsuspecting mugs and it's still very much illegal.

They constantly whinge about the good upbringing of their children yet Crays Hill Primary has the lowest attendance and highest truency rate in the land. There is only one child from a non traveller background attending. Not that it really matters as traveller girls are removed from school at 13 years old anyway as is their tradition. Hence why most of their womenfolk can barely read and write. For proof of this, hang out in Asda's at Pipps Hill and observe a traveller woman asking if the bottle of bleach they are holding is ok to use on their kids hair. While you're' there, check out attempts to purchase £120 worth of goods for £20 and count how many fecks they can chuck into one sentence when they are asked to put it all back.

The govenments solution to all this is to move them to Pitsea underneath a fly-over, nice and close to other residents who pay their taxes and know what a bin liner looks like, to a car thiefs haven of parked cars where they can rob at leisure while people are at work and closer to Tesco where they can carry on with trying to con the staff and of course abusing someone different (every little helps)

This isn't a 'Not in my backyard' rant as I have two traveller families living right across the road from me, both hard working and as nice a neighbour as you could ask for. But the hoards of Irish travellers infesting the Basildon area and indeed the country is getting out of control. They don't contribute, they just leech and are a law unto themselves and moving them even closer to residential areas is just a recipe for disarster.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Nov. 30 2005,20:20)]A local topic very close to my heart. The Dale Farm site is illegally home to 86 families mostly Irish travellers who seem to think that this country owes them a living and that setting up home on this piece of greenbelt is perfectly fine and dandy. Home truth time. The land is green belt and as such is deemed illegal to build on without planning permission. Park homes have been sited, bricked in and linked up to the local aminities, block paving laid and yards contructed to give it that lived in, homely feel. Heres the interesting bit. Basildon council are prepared to spend £20 million to get them off the land and have asked every other local council in Essex to help with relocation. Castle Point, Southend and Rayleigh have all refused point blank, Col******r likewise and Maldon District Council state that they have more than there fair share already.

The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, your southern hating favorite, John Prescott has more or less said its a local council problem so sort it out yourselves (Tory led council) yet welcomed Andrew McKinley with open arms and sent the police in as soon as 10 caravans turned up in a field on the slip road from the A13 to the M25 (Labour MP and labour controlled council)

A local resident from Crays Hill has looked into buying land in both Hull (Prescott) and Sedgefield ( Tony Blair) to sell onto travellers so they can see what it's like to have them for neighbours and he has been warned against this by the police as it could be seen a profiteering.

My company depot has been attacked more times than I can remember by these people in search of free diesel and anything else they can lay their hands on. Basildon police have a tri-monthly raid on Dale Farm to recover countless stolen goods cars machinery and plant but I cannot remember one arrest being made.

There are more imported cars running about on red or green diesel and even worse, carasin than anywhere else in the country and most of those have false plates and forged tax discs. Several months ago The Echo reported a warehouse had been erected and was storing imported sofa's and such like. It's still there, they are still pushing the stuff out to unsuspecting mugs and it's still very much illegal.

They constantly whinge about the good upbringing of their children yet Crays Hill Primary has the lowest attendance and highest truency rate in the land. There is only one child from a non traveller background attending. Not that it really matters as traveller girls are removed from school at 13 years old anyway as is their tradition. Hence why most of their womenfolk can barely read and write. For proof of this, hang out in Asda's at Pipps Hill and observe a traveller woman asking if the bottle of bleach they are holding is ok to use on their kids hair. While you're' there, check out attempts to purchase £120 worth of goods for £20 and count how many fecks they can chuck into one sentence when they are asked to put it all back.

The govenments solution to all this is to move them to Pitsea underneath a fly-over, nice and close to other residents who pay their taxes and know what a bin liner looks like, to a car thiefs haven of parked cars where they can rob at leisure while people are at work and closer to Tesco where they can carry on with trying to con the staff and of course abusing someone different (every little helps)

This isn't a 'Not in my backyard' rant as I have two traveller families living right across the road from me, both hard working and as nice a neighbour as you could ask for. But the hoards of Irish travellers infesting the Basildon area and indeed the country is getting out of control. They don't contribute, they just leech and are a law unto themselves and moving them even closer to residential areas is just a recipe for disarster.
bang on the money... if you want to live near some leafy green belt, get a job, save up and pay the going rate for residential land like everyone else has to.. oh and pay to have your rubbish n sh!te taken away like everyone else has to ..
mind you if they are being kicked out it could be a good time to put a bid in for the shepard and dog pub

Back