• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Creativity? Grant ? Really ?

Id love to have him back but wouldnt say he was creative at all.

Errhhh - there were times when he was the only player really asking for the ball from the back four and could play the ball forward .......... and then he used to get forward and a late run into the box resulted in the ball in the back of the net.

True, his still life art was agricultural and his stone sculpting had little verve or soul .......... so you could be right.

Can't see why anyone wouldn't want him back. Very impressive end to 2011/12 season and the Timlin-Grant partnership in midfield worked better than any partnership we've had this season (apart from Tam and Timlin possibly). Would be a big step towards solving this season's midfield problems IMO.

Errhhh - there were times when he was the only player really asking for the ball from the back four and could play the ball forward .......... and then he used to get forward and a late run into the box resulted in the ball in the back of the net.

True, his still life art was agricultural and his stone sculpting had little verve or soul .......... so you could be right.

Id certainly say he was a good driving midfielder, but not creative in playing killer passes etc.

Either way he would be an asset in our black hole of a midfield.

Can't see why anyone wouldn't want him back. Very impressive end to 2011/12 season and the Timlin-Grant partnership in midfield worked better than any partnership we've had this season (apart from Tam and Timlin possibly). Would be a big step towards solving this season's midfield problems IMO.

Tam and Laird was a great partnership whilst it lasted.

Would be a superb resigning. He's clearly a League 1 player for me, so be surprised if he doesn't get offers from teams there, but if not then who knows. Definitely a quality player. To be fair there's only two teams below Stevenage in the league so unless one of the promoted teams fancy him then we may be in with a shout.

Get him in, he is a BLUE! & he has great natural fitness plus is versatile He played left back at Hudders away in an emergency and was sound.

I'd have him back tomorrow, but suspect he'll want to go elsewhere. Wouldnt surprise me if Gillingham or Peterborough looked at him, or even that lot up the A12.

I'd have him back tomorrow, but suspect he'll want to go elsewhere. Wouldnt surprise me if Gillingham or Peterborough looked at him, or even that lot up the A12.

Funny you should say that the rumour is he was having a look round our training ground today, to be honest I don't think we really need him, what with signing Eastmond today as well we have a lot of midfielders unless of course some of them are on their way out!

Let's not get carried away, Grant's best contribution is winning (falling over and gaining) free kicks on the edge of the penalty area. Not particularly bothered.

Like a lot of players, some good games some bad, but when we replaced him in midfield, i noticed what we were missing. If poss get him back, him and Timlin in midfield imo will make a lot of difference.

Come back Granty !!!!

Southend legend , with surely the most wonderful collection of middle names of any Shrimper .....

Anthony Paul Shaun Andrew Daure Grant

:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

With his versatility it would be like signing 5 new players ... right back , centre back , holding midfield, wide midfield , just behind the front 2

:clap:

Back