• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now he's onto retweeting Trump... :duh:

I have to be careful what I do on Social media and I "work" for the Railway and don't have hundreds of teenage kids following my every word. He's representing the club so he may want to keep his real thoughts to himself or to his friends and family.

Good on him, I say. If he was retweeting 'liberal' PC stuff from Owen Jones or Gary Lineker I'm sure people wouldn't bat an eyelid, but because it's Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson it's controversial. It's refreshing to see a footballer actually take an interest in politics and current affairs beyond just changing their profile picture every time one of these attacks happen. It's his personal Twitter account and he's free to do it. It's not like he's a massively famous footballer anyway.

This--------

Sadiq Khan is a chump. Mayor of London who says we have to accept that terrorism on the streets of London is part and parcel of life. Chump

Wordy has every right to express his opinions of twitter or elsewhere, as we all are

Katie Hopkins is a troll, she knows that hate sells so she sells it.

Whilst I acknowledge this could be accurate, you can't treat this as factual. It is opinion. For all you know, what she says, she genuinely feels. The only way you could know for certain, is if you were Infact, Katie Hopkins.

I've re-tweeted and agreed with some of the stuff she writes in the past. Just because she's a despicable being some of the time doesn't mean she's not right at others! I also agree with what she's said and he's re-tweeted here.

Precisely this

I have to be careful what I do on Social media and I "work" for the Railway and don't have hundreds of teenage kids following my every word. He's representing the club so he may want to keep his real thoughts to himself or to his friends and family.

Why mate? Because his views don't fit yours? If he'd stated, or implied he agreed with something you believe in politically, would that have been ok? Or should these people, just because they're famous, not be allowed an opinion at all?

AW retweets loads of different stuff so I think it's something and nothing, let's not forget he's just a bored 20 something... I don't think he has some right wing agenda as some may be suggesting.

God we must be bored too if this is we can talk about!?

He would do well to retweet something like his though. Or is this racist as he is foreign sounding with olive skin? Funny though :smile:
[video]https://twitter.com/btspurt_/status/871351954395582464[/video]

Don't see what the surprise is here. Some footballers are thick, just like some people on here are thick, and some people in every walk of life are thick. Not saying they aren't entitled to their view - of course they are. But whilst most of society realises Katie Hopkins (for example) is a complete clown, there's always a small % that don't. Just like some people don't realise that London bus WASN'T found at the north pole - etc.

I don't get the correlation between RTing propaganda, whether it be Hopkins, Trump or Lefty McLeftwing, and being thick?

Lots of well educated people have RW and LW agendas, so the former two are not mutually exclusive...

Personally I don't pay much attention to what Katie Hopkins writes, although just reading through her quotes I could say that iI agree with some of her views, but also disagree with others, does that make me thick or not-fick?

Despite all I still prefer Hopkins to Piers Morgan any day.

I also really like AW, the blokes got soul!

Errrr, so?

Again, would it have been such a facepalm moment, if he'd retweeted Corbyn?
If Corbyn was taking quotes out of context when they are reassuring the public about increased police presence after a terrorist attack, yes.

I'm not particularly bothered, it's his Twitter to do as he sees fit.

Why mate? Because his views don't fit yours? If he'd stated, or implied he agreed with something you believe in politically, would that have been ok? Or should these people, just because they're famous, not be allowed an opinion at all?

They can have any opinion they like. When something is so sensitive and emotionally charged they may be wise to not broadcast it. Again, like it or not, he's representing the club.

If Corbyn was taking quotes out of context when they are reassuring the public about increased police presence after a terrorist attack, yes.

I'm not particularly bothered, it's his Twitter to do as he sees fit.

Talking of stupidity, Corbyn appointed Diane Abbott as his shadow Home Secretary :facepalm:

I rest my case :smile:

They can have any opinion they like. When something is so sensitive and emotionally charged they may be wise to not broadcast it. Again, like it or not, he's representing the club.

Representing OUR club. A club made up of various different political views. Not just one.

It's clear as day, if this was a politically related tweet, which leaned towards a liberal view, nobody would care.

Afterall, It's hardly on the same level as James McClean, is it?

Sadiq Khan is a chump. Mayor of London who says we have to accept that terrorism on the streets of London is part and parcel of life. Chump

Wordy has every right to express his opinions of twitter or elsewhere, as we all are

SK said no such thing.What he did do was warn Londoners to expect a higher police presence on their streets after Saturday's terrorist attack.Don't play the Trump game.

"“Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. There’s no reason to be alarmed.”

SK said no such thing.What he did do was warn Londoners to expect a higher police presence on their streets after Saturday's terrorist attack.Don't play the Trump game.

"“Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. There’s no reason to be alarmed.”

The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has said that living with terror attacks - like the one that hit New York at the weekend - is 'part and parcel of living in a big city'.

The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has said that living with terror attacks - like the one that hit New York at the weekend - is 'part and parcel of living in a big city'.

That's an old tweet and you know it.It has nothing to do with the London Bridge attack.

You'd be better off blaming May for reducing police numbers.

My argument entirely.

Thats democracy though mate. To a degree, I could understand if the idea was to blanket ban all footballers from making political statements/stances, but that's not what this is. This has all come about because he took a right-leaning stance. It simply wouldn't be a thing, if it was a left-leaning stance.

Without checking, I'm sure that one, or more of the team have probably retweeted one of Lineker's left-leaning ramblings at some point. Yet, nobody has batted an eyelid.

Back