• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done Anton on posting this comment, unless you've been along, you wouldn't understand how much days like this mean to the children.

The injury against MK looks serious, Anton knew he was in trouble straight away.
Also he came back on pitch and had a walk about after the game; is he thinking that it is time for "the final curtain"?
Played well today before having to go off.:sad:

The injury against MK looks serious, Anton knew he was in trouble straight away.
Also he came back on pitch and had a walk about after the game; is he thinking that it is time for "the final curtain"?

I did wonder if yesterday was his final appearance for us. :sad:

Thought he played really well yesterday. He actually looked a bit uncomfortable after going down hard in the first half. His gait changed to the bad back look in the second half and a bit later he signalled to the bench who missed it, as they were busy. Ben Clarkson had his eye on him and had a word with CP

Whilst all this was going on there was a two blokes a few behind me mocking everything he did, including when he had to go down. They started the day on Theo but obviously that didn't go to well so Anton was plan B. They were about as funny as Cannon and Ball but hey they have paid their money, footballers get well paid and its their right to 'entertain' the rest of us.

Whilst all this was going on there was a two blokes a few behind me mocking everything he did, including when he had to go down. They started the day on Theo but obviously that didn't go to well so Anton was plan B. They were about as funny as Cannon and Ball but hey they have paid their money, footballers get well paid and its their right to 'entertain' the rest of us.

You could of still pointed out their mistake to them no?

It wasn't the South Upper by any chance was it?

We chatted to him Tuesday night, he hopes to be able to continue through the rest of his contract, but I think he's sensible enough to know that he's in the twilight of his career. He can still teach the youngsters a thing or two, and certainly Elvis and Harry Kyp can learn about positional play from him rather than the physical stuff. I've got to say, with hubby being a massive Chelsea fan and JT having been a bit of a cult figure, even he's been won over by Anton, who is a really personable bloke.

Fingers crossed he's got something special lined up for one of our JBs on the final match walk round.

• Some of our fans are just morons. Look at the dogs abuse they gave Anthony Straker a few years ago. Always need someone to abuse it seems. Matt Harrold, Mark Gower (certain sections that is true for) and now it has been Anton’s turn. As soon as he goes, there will be someone else who they will target - of that I have no doubt :thumbdown:

Last edited:
  • Some of our fans are just morons. Look at the fogs abuse they gave Anthony Straker a few years ago. Always need someone to abuse it seems. Matt Harrold, Mark Gower (certain sections that is true for) and now it has been Anton’s turn. As soon as he goes, there will be someone else who they will target - of that I have no doubt :thumbdown:
If the post match MK thread is a clue then the habitual haters have already found a target, (and with 3 goal Theo getting an out) the hard working and team ethos of Michael Timlin is that target. I thought he had a reasonable to good game, some great passes (goal2) and some stuff that didn't work; but some posters would have it that he was dog.

Yes some people haven't noticed that Dru has always played his best alongside Timlin. Plus we played 2 wide men who had the confidence to not have to tuck in because Timlin was doing his job. At 0-0 he made a great block in front of the near post.

Yes he over hit some long passes and a free kick but who cares it wasn't along his own penalty box. His two passes to set up Theo made the game safe so he had earned his later mistakes. If we had Wright out their playing nice safe keep ball with Dru next to him rather than attacking we wouldn't be winning 4-0.

Back