• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any news on Bart's injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong Kong Blue

Any news on Bart's injury?

Personally I think that medical report will make or break our season.
With a proper goalkeeper between the sticks we've conceded only 16 goals in 19 league games this season.

To give that some sort of context, Flahavan has started 8 league games, has kept just a single clean sheet all season and conceded 14.

This is even more impressive if you consider that 5 of Bart's 16 goals conceded were in the first 3 games of the season when Bart and the defence were still getting to know each other's games. Since then it has been just 11 goals in 16 games and Bart has now kept an incredible 9 clean sheets already this season, despite having missed 10 games through injury.

We desperately need Bart back fit on Saturday.

Hmm... I'm monitoring this thread closely. Whilst I might agree with comments like "proper goalkeeper", for the sake of even-handedness we should limit our comments to discussing the injury please...

Otherwise, this will soon degenerate into the sort of debate on which I'm currently imposing a moratorium (on behalf of my fellow Mods...).

suspect.gif

The only thing I am concerned about with Bart being injured, is whether our defence will have to defend deeper to allow for Darryl's lack of command in our penalty box. I would be happy for Darryl to contend with longshots all day/night, but one on one's could be a problem.

One sure thing though... Darryl's better than our third and fourth choices of Tes (The Cat) Bramble and Nick Morgan.

Get well soon Bart!
wink.gif

We need Bart, especially with the big games coming up. Im gutted for him that he will miss the Swindon game. The could punish us with our deep Darryl defending. So no Bart for Mansfield, Swindon and Darlington hmmmmm

Usual load of bollox.Last night Flahavan was off his line a couple of times like lightning, Griemink would have still been thinking about it. Also nice to see the goal kicks going where they were intended even if Bramble made little use of them!

I've been looking for an excuse to lock this topic, and wiggy's given it to me.

Until such time as I'm convinced that people can have an objective and rational Flavs v. Bart debate, I'm just not going to put up with it on this board.

e.g. "Usual bollox..." is not the way to convince me that people can cast aside their prejudices on this issue and debate it sensibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back