• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Anybody used Music Magpie?

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
Well have you?

Wondered about people's opinions on the prices they offer. I know I'd get more for my cds on ebay, but we don't have the internet at home at the moment. Would I get more by taking them into somewhere like Golden Discs in Southend?

I put in about 33 cds into MusicMagpie and they offered me £15.58 in total, the lowest cost seems to be 30p per cd, and there were only 8 cds that they offered more than 30p for.

If you haven't heard of it here it is http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/index.asp

I've used them and they were pretty decent. Some of the prices they offer are very low (30p for some of the older cd's etc). But cheque turned up within a couple of weeks without any problems

I've used them and they were pretty decent. Some of the prices they offer are very low (30p for some of the older cd's etc). But cheque turned up within a couple of weeks without any problems

So I take it you have sold your Barry Manilow collection then?

I'd steer clear for the simple reason all they do is list them on amazon. You can do the same quite easily - listing CDs is a doddle, and the fee's included in the sale price. Plus, there's no deadline - you get emailed when they sell. Only takes minutes to list a CD. By the by, boot fairs are hard work for selling CDs.

I'd steer clear for the simple reason all they do is list them on amazon. You can do the same quite easily - listing CDs is a doddle, and the fee's included in the sale price. Plus, there's no deadline - you get emailed when they sell. Only takes minutes to list a CD. By the by, boot fairs are hard work for selling CDs.

I have several 78's on vinyl, call it early disco music...where would I lodge these.?....(awaits the obvious answers)

Thanks Naps, I'll give that some thought. I can see I would get more money from Amazon, but it's alot more hassle esp. when we don't have the internet at home at the moment, plus you then have to post each individual cd off. hmmm.

Hils went to Golden Disc a few weeks ago and they weren't buying at the time. You could try the XChange down the high street.

I used it about 6 months ago. Was really good! Only took me about an hour to put in all of my CD's, DVD's and a couple of PS3 games that I just couldn't get rid of (Game wouldn't even buy them off me as pre owned) on there and boxing them up etc. Ended up getting offered £80 for the lot plus free collection by Parcel Force.

Obviously some of the CD's I was being offered 30p, but quite a few (I think a B.M.R.C album they offered £4.50!) were above that. The games were also pretty reasonably priced with one coming in at £11 or so, when game would have only offered £5-£6.

All in all, if you want to get rid quickly it is a great service!

I used to quite fancy the blonde woman that presented Magpie.

The bloke with the bubble perm on the other hand was a bit of a ****.

Back