• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Appeal

billy best was god

Youth Team
This a plain and simple appeal
If you’re going to boo and criticise certain players during the match after just 1 game you are not a supporter of this club, it was a new team giving 100% effort, what at way to build the confidence of these individuals so please you know who you are, do not come again we do not want you at our ground

I've got a different gripe. Someone in the Family Stand was wearing a full Arsenal kit. Why are you wearing and Arsenal kit at a Southend game, annoys me that. You've not come to see Arsenal so don't wear their, or any other teams shirt other than those playing. Anyone else get annoyed by things like this?

I've got a different gripe. Someone in the Family Stand was wearing a full Arsenal kit. Why are you wearing and Arsenal kit at a Southend game, annoys me that. You've not come to see Arsenal so don't wear their, or any other teams shirt other than those playing. Anyone else get annoyed by things like this?

I get very annoyed at this as well Shrimper, and I totally agree what you've said. As I said in another thread, I had a little go at a Southend fan wearing his other clubs colours at Oxford a few years back. I told him that when he goes to watch spam he should wear their colours, and when watching Southend, their colours, or of course, no colours at all. It just adds fuel the fire, and we get other teams fans singing the 'You all support West Ham' song. This is one brush I do not wish to be tarred with.

I wasn't there on Saturday because I was on holiday, prize ***** are what the people are, who boo players, who play for the team they support!

Just **** off!

I wasn't there on Saturday because I was on holiday, prize ***** are what the people are, who boo players, who play for the team they support!

Just **** off!

You need a new Sig!

THE ONIONS ARE BACK! :support:

Little chant of this from the west on saturday ;)

This a plain and simple appeal
If you’re going to boo and criticise certain players during the match after just 1 game you are not a supporter of this club, it was a new team giving 100% effort, what at way to build the confidence of these individuals so please you know who you are, do not come again we do not want you at our ground

Quite right as well bbwg. This is why this forum is so good, we can vent our frustrations, we can debate or moan about the chairman, the manager, the players , tactics or whatever, but here it ends. You never go to watch Southend and boo the players. Especially a new bunch of players, what sort of message does it send to them. It will leave them scared to make a mistake. I was really proud of the effort they put in yesterday, and the fight and that they showed.
Let them settle in their new surroundings, let them get used to each other, and give them every encouragement whilst they are doing it.

I can understand it if it was a Nicky Bailey type of situation, but not new guys to the club.

Did you tell them during game or waited for the comfort n safety of your keyboard??

This is a massive hate of mine!!

I went to Fulham vs Swindon in January, and as it was the only coat I had at the time, I wore my SUFC one. I got a few odd looks but most of their fans were just pleased to see new faces attending their games. I can understand what you mean about people wearing Arsenal/Chelsea/Wet Spam shirts at RH, but I personally don't see a problem if that club have nothing to do with SUFC.

Don't knock it. Maybe an Arsenal fan bought his kids along cos a day at arsenal is too expensive and the kids might just grow up to support southend. Remember a lot of people in Essex have moved out of London and support London teams. If FF goes ahead we will need all the support we can get.

You need a new Sig!

THE ONIONS ARE BACK! :support:

Little chant of this from the west on saturday ;)

I can confirm ONIONS are back and they are lovely, I had to have two burgers with ONIONS on Saturday just to confirm I was not dreaming.

couldnt believe people began to boo Blair, what a disgrace those people are, he shut those idiots up thou didnt he!

Also to the so called supporter who said we wont win anything with that crap team . In case you hadnt noticed this was game ONE the start of a new team . If you feel that way after one game in which I saw more fight than I did all last season I say take the wife shopping on satadays instead mate .

Perhaps he was a scout?

I Agree we can not judge which if any players are not performimg well after just one game, i was pleased to see the effort on Saturday, hopefully if there are any week players in the team PS will pick up on this and may be replace them in the Jan transfer window, also i think that he may wait and see if spencer starts scoring before he makes any approch for a proven striker.

I don't think we can have many complaints (apart from the diabolical officials) from the game on Saturday. OK we didn't attack their goal enough, but I thought the base of the team looked OK. At least the foundations are in place, and PS can now move forward from there.

Back