• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Appeal

I was in block V and definately did NOT here booing of any players. What i will say is this :

A) The so called booing of blair was zaboubing

B) The sound system is so poor and from there you couldnt really so if sturrock or zaboub came on first or second

C) I think people were just zaboubing both players as we couldnt tell which was which and they came on almost together.

D) The blue voice are fickle , but booing a player before he has even kicked a ball? I dont think so.

I was in block V and definately did NOT here booing of any players. What i will say is this :

A) The so called booing of blair was zaboubing

B) The sound system is so poor and from there you couldnt really so if sturrock or zaboub came on first or second

C) I think people were just zaboubing both players as we couldnt tell which was which and they came on almost together.

D) The blue voice are fickle , but booing a player before he has even kicked a ball? I dont think so.

Spot on mate

LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT, WE SHOULDN'T PUT UP WITH OUR OWN PLAYERS BEING BOOED. FOR *%^$s SAKE GET BEHIND THE TEAM. IT WAS ONLY A FEW WEEKS AGO THAT WE WOULD OF BEEN GLAD OF A TEAM TO SUPPORT, SO LETS SUPPORT THEM. 45 YEARS I'VE SUPPORTED SOUTHEND THROUGH BAD TIMES, MORE BAD TIMES AND A FEW GOOD TIMES. NEVER FELT THE NEED TO BOO MY TEAM. IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BOO OUR PLAYERS, THEN DON'T BOTHER COMING

LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT, WE SHOULDN'T PUT UP WITH OUR OWN PLAYERS BEING BOOED. FOR *%^$s SAKE GET BEHIND THE TEAM. IT WAS ONLY A FEW WEEKS AGO THAT WE WOULD OF BEEN GLAD OF A TEAM TO SUPPORT, SO LETS SUPPORT THEM. 45 YEARS I'VE SUPPORTED SOUTHEND THROUGH BAD TIMES, MORE BAD TIMES AND A FEW GOOD TIMES. NEVER FELT THE NEED TO BOO MY TEAM. IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BOO OUR PLAYERS, THEN DON'T BOTHER COMING

Amen! Amen! Amen!

eamonnholmesMATRIX_900x736.jpg

Last edited:

Did you see or hear people booing? I didn't

Really? I didn't hear 1 single person booing the players. I heard a lot of people booing the referee but definitely not the players.

Did you see or hear people booing? I didn't

I did. When Sturrocks name was read out there was clearly audible booing and jeering from an extreme minority... No, it wasn't coming from the TBV section, but it was still apparent and it's definitely not neccessary. Funnily enough, the booing I heard was coming from the same area where somebody took an extreme disliking to Simon Francis last year and, with him now absent, I guess he just needs a new hate figure.

I just hope those that were so quick to condemn his inclusion were just as quick to have their fair share of humble pie when he rescued a point for us...

I was Booing at the substitution so were loads of people around me in South upper...We were Booing the name of Zaaboub because the name of Zaaboub sounds like the word "Boo"...it was totally affectionate

I did. When Sturrocks name was read out there was clearly audible booing and jeering from an extreme minority... No, it wasn't coming from the TBV section, but it was still apparent and it's definitely not neccessary. I just hope those that were so quick to condemn his inclusion were just as quick to have their fair share of humble pie when he rescued a point for us.

What part of the ground was this? Certainly wasn't audible in The West Stand, well not to me at least.

I was Booing at the substitution so were loads of people around me in South upper...We were Booing the name of Zaaboub because the name of Zaaboub sounds like the word "Boo"...it was totally affectionate

Exactly what happened in Block W of The West.

I think some people have got the wrong end of the stick. As Tommy said earlier, football fans are fickle, but booing a player before he's kicked a ball? No, i don't think so somehow

I started this thread not only because of Saturdays match but any match, last year certain people (south upper both old gits with dyed black hair) spent every minute of the match getting at Simon Francis until he was almost frightened to touch the ball. I’m not perfect especially if a player does not give 100% effort but christ.
Saturday yes there was booing in the south upper at certain players during the match. They used to say Liverpool’s home support was worth 15 points a season if we don’t stop this we could be worth minus 15 points.

What part of the ground was this? Certainly wasn't audible in The West Stand, well not to me at least.

East Reds... It sounded as if it was behind and to the right of me as I watched the game.

There were also people giving Zaaboub a Moussa-esque chant, but there were definitely sporadic boos for Sturrock as the tone was completely different.

. I’m not perfect especially if a player does not give 100% effort but christ.

Nail on the head here. Every player who doesnt give 100% deserves to be booed because he could easily do something about it. Players who are not quite good enough, shouldn't be booed as its not really their fault. If anything, boo the bloke who signed him/picked him for his bad judgement.

I've got a different gripe. Someone in the Family Stand was wearing a full Arsenal kit. Why are you wearing and Arsenal kit at a Southend game, annoys me that. You've not come to see Arsenal so don't wear their, or any other teams shirt other than those playing. Anyone else get annoyed by things like this?

I went to watch Arsenal a few years ago on a jolly with my gooner supporting boss. I wore my Southend shirt to the game and did get some funny looks, but I was also suprised by the amount who approached me to talk about Southend!!

Yeah they are brilliant guys, top lads, 100% effort every week.
The left one is the mental twin! He knows where the back of the net.

Excellent news. I've been saying all along that we still need a goalscorer. A mental one playing along side the mental Corr will be good fun. Defences will get battered.

East Reds... It sounded as if it was behind and to the right of me as I watched the game.

There were also people giving Zaaboub a Moussa-esque chant, but there were definitely sporadic boos for Sturrock as the tone was completely different.

Wasn't me, I was front row in the Reds. Although I must say I didn't hear any obvious booing.....

Back