• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are Leeds Dirty ?

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Leeds have a history of being a dirty Team ,I'm not so sure recently tho and was wondering if anyone can tell me their Bookings and Sending offs stats this season .Only with so much at stake on Saturday ,I can see them getting a bit nasty ,(good job McCormack is not involved) ,we have not really got any dirty Players in our Team as apart from McCormack most of our Bookings have been for genuine miss-timed tackles or Dissent(shut it Maher) or time wasting .Can you see Leeds having a Man sent off ? in the powder keg atmosphere and under so much pressure to win .Can you see it being a Dirty needle Game or will it be Two Teams trying to play ? .

Last edited:
Leeds - 87 yellows and 4 reds this season

Southend - 62 yellows and 4 reds this season

I thought Soccerbase or F365 Stats would have this but I struggled to find the info. What's our record out of interest?

The good news is I think our fellas can look after themselves -

JCR is brave for little guy and a couple of years around the leagues have
toughened up our players. Freddy doesn't mind throwing in a late jump with
an elbow and Bradders has good upper body strength -

Sodje and Clarke seem to be able to handle the more "rugged" type - and Efe
seems to "sort it out" if its getting too much.

The problem is we don't really cheat and you can bet Leeds will....

I think Leeds are gonna try and stop us playing, ie try and kick the crap out of us!

I think they will do what a lot teams do at RH, hit on the break. According to a customer of mine, Leeds should have been 5 or 6 at half time against Luton. In the end they ended up getting very twitchy as the 90 minutes got nearer & nearly blew it.

They have two wingers & like to attack from wide & feed Cresswell who is capable of giving Sodje or Clarke a hard time especially if either has a lapse in concentration. Healy (or Blake or Johnson) will feed off him, but has had a mare of a season. The midfield changes weekly & is a bit lightweight, although they have signed the quality Bulgarian, Kishishev from Charlton. Their defence has been a lot more solid of late, although they've only had two clean sheets this year & only one away from home all season (Sheff Weds in August!) They've just signed Michalik from Bolton who is a big lump, but has looked a bit rusty in his first few games!

All in all, this game will be tight, unless SUFC score early & first. If LUFC score first it will be 10 behind the ball & beware of the break! Leeds may have decent players, who have under performed this season, but as I've been told, they've got to come good sooner or later!

It's going to be a VERY tense game!! I can't wait!

I might have to go to Bed early(a miracle happening for me) as I really am up for this one and can't wait much longer .A loser is in BIG trouble ,a Draw and it's a lot better for us than them but 3 points is Maaassssssiiiiivvvve .''COME ON SOUTHEND'' ,''COME ON SOUTHEND'' .

Back