• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are Stir Frys much cop?

Options Options Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Got back to Mrs DtS last night after a long day at work. Mrs DtS kindly said she would cook while I made a few work calls. I had had a realy crap day so she said she would do a special one.

As I made call after call to loads of totally unmortgageable customers my mouth began to salivate. In recent days we have had chicken & appricot aromatic curry and Pork and Onion suprise which have been michelen standards.

However last night as I put the phone down I was greated with a stir fry. Dont get me wrong it was still nice but I am becoming increasingly unstatisfied by a stir fry.

Are they much cop or not do you think?

Pork and Onion suprise? what was the surprise? it was chicken?

ps I love stir frys - loads of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and fresh egg noodles...

You need to cook them over a very high heat, if you don't have a gas hob forget it. Also don't put too much in the wok.

You have to cook the food very quickly otherwise all of the liquid comes out of the veg and meat and you end up stewing your food rather than stir frying it.

Don't use a pre-made sauce. Look at a few authentic recipes and get down your local Chinese supermarket to get the ingredients.

Me? I'm off to try Heston Blumenthal's chicken tikka recipe....

Last edited:
It looked okay the other night when Nigella was showing her tits off while cooking something vaguely stir-fry-like. As soon as the jugs disappeared from view, though, and she refused to let anyone eat it off her erogenous zones, it seemed a tad disappointing.

I couldn't cook her goose anyway. All the time I'd be thinking she'd started out as something within the loins of Nigel Lawson.

Stir Fry is top nosh. AS previously said , you've got to have loads of garlic in it, onions and a freshly made sauce.

When we had our kitchen replaced a few years back, we got a 5 burner hob that has it own 'Wok burner' - fan-bloody-tastic... The wok is used for many things in our house apart from Stir-frys - such as currys, boiling spuds, frying meat, tennis and Status Quo Air Guitar impressions!

Oh dear, criticising her cooking is the beginning of the end of what was a beautiful relationship.

Can Ben cook?

Add soy sauce, white wine and brown sugar. Yowzer!
And as stated before, high heat, quick cook. The idea is to leave the veg hot but still raw - hence bean sprouts. carrot matchsticks, shredded cabbace - no poitato, it takes too long.

i made a mean chili chicken ramen today which was spot on. tip with stir-fry is to cook the noodles seperately, then rinse them under cold water and then throw them in literally for one min to warm them through with the rest of the stir-fry in the wok

Back