• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are things THAT bad?

We celebrated our manager's sixth year anniversary (with a win) last night. I know that it's been said many times but to not only have stability but to have a passionate, talented, local manager for so long is an incredible achievement for this football club. One that must never be underestimated. And yes, Ron deserves some credit for this, staying with Tilly when many have called for his head, and being proved right to do so. We moan about loan players, losing talented players and not finding permanent replacements but imagine that scenario, one which is common to many, many clubs in the lower leagues, with a revolving door for managers also. Chaos.

We didn't go into administration and a new stadium is still on the cards. There are many questions still to be answered, yes, but we avoided losing a crippling ten points and everything else that would have gone along with that punishment. Ron has made a rod for his own back in some ways, promising to have constant dialogue with the fans and then sometimes going quiet or feeding us with frustratingly brief snippets of news. This allows everyone to snipe and speculate. But, he never seems to hide completely and the next few days promise to hold his public answers to so many of our questions. I don't think anyone kids themselves that Ron is a die-hard fan with the club's interests, and nothing else, in his heart but looked at, as a whole, there is much to be admired about his tenure when you look at lower league football as a whole.

The squad size is the most pressing immediate concern. Why he feels he needs to give his thoughts on that next week is baffling! We need more players. Full stop. But, I maintain we are lucky to have the coaching staff we have and a seemingly committed and not untalented squad - however small. I'll fall short of saying we're lucky to have Ron, he's yet to prove that, but I do maintain there is evidence to suggest our current situation and our future may not be as bleak as some insist.

Heard Tilson on SSN last night and when asked about his 6 years in charge he said he's hoping and looking forward to a few more years like he's had with us ......so the answer to your question is no if we still have Tilly , simple as really .

As Ron mentioned in his blog, it's not just the football itself though, it's everything else. SUCET have an amazingly high profile and when you consider they beat similar set ups at Man U, Chelsea, Spurs and every other club in the country for international recognition last year, it makes you proud that our Club is doing so much for the community at large. No-one is about to let that all go down the drain.

The spirit among the players is still there and we have the best manger we've ever had as far as I concerned, so no things aren't that bad!

i am always a glass half full kind of man but look at the squad .........we had two grown ups on the bench we need the players we have loaned out to come back and at least two players in on top of that

i am always a glass half full kind of man but look at the squad .........we had two grown ups on the bench we need the players we have loaned out to come back and at least two players in on top of that

This is a key point i feel

our starting XI is as strong as any in this league barring one or two sides (certainly strong enough to challange for the play offs) but the lack of depth (and i'm not going to go into the whys and wherefores here) will cost us in the end as we don't have the players to change things when we are struggling

if it wasn't for tilly then yes things would be that bad. rons got lucky with tilly miracles, so rons actually lucky to have tilly. not we're lucky to have ron.

Back