• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's not often you can look at a club and easily identify a simple difference between success and failure, there are usually multiple factors, but for me, there is just one - IMO we are a goalscorer away from being a promotion challenging, nay winning, side.

Many, I suspect, will disagree, but for me, there are not many weaknesses within our squad, and you would be hard pushed to find a stronger one in our division, aside perhaps from someone who can top the goal scoring charts.

The style of football we play, the fact our defence is pretty solid - or at least it will be when Brown settles on a back four - the midfield is strong and has plenty of dpeth, we have pace in the side - The missing ingredient is goals.

The problem that is caused by a lack of goals, however, is confidence. The defence know they cannot afford to let goals in as we struggle to score more than 1 a game, and that adds huge amount of pressure, and the continued pattern of play whereby we create chance after chance, without taking them, will eventually take its toll on everyone in the side.

I wasn't Brown's biggest fan, and I still believe he really needs to get to grips with the inconsistent run of form his teams seem to suffer from, but I think overall, he is trying to do the right thing. I took my boy to the junior blues session yesterday and spent an hour watching the squad train - The spirit and togetherness of the players looked all there to me, and not manufactured for the audience watching either.

I would see absolutely no value in changing the manager at this stage, and even with this indifferent run of form, we're only 6 points from where we want to be - In October, that's not really cause for major panic.

I think we need to be glass half full for the time being! :)

It's not often you can look at a club and easily identify a simple difference between success and failure, there are usually multiple factors, but for me, there is just one - IMO we are a goalscorer away from being a promotion challenging, nay winning, side.

Many, I suspect, will disagree, but for me, there are not many weaknesses within our squad, and you would be hard pushed to find a stronger one in our division, aside perhaps from someone who can top the goal scoring charts.

The style of football we play, the fact our defence is pretty solid - or at least it will be when Brown settles on a back four - the midfield is strong and has plenty of dpeth, we have pace in the side - The missing ingredient is goals.

The problem that is caused by a lack of goals, however, is confidence. The defence know they cannot afford to let goals in as we struggle to score more than 1 a game, and that adds huge amount of pressure, and the continued pattern of play whereby we create chance after chance, without taking them, will eventually take its toll on everyone in the side.

I wasn't Brown's biggest fan, and I still believe he really needs to get to grips with the inconsistent run of form his teams seem to suffer from, but I think overall, he is trying to do the right thing. I took my boy to the junior blues session yesterday and spent an hour watching the squad train - The spirit and togetherness of the players looked all there to me, and not manufactured for the audience watching either.

I would see absolutely no value in changing the manager at this stage, and even with this indifferent run of form, we're only 6 points from where we want to be - In October, that's not really cause for major panic.

Exactly what I have been saying.

Totally agree with the whole post. We wouldn't be having this discussion a month ago and the fact that we are now is almost ludicrous.

Agree to an extent but whilst a goalscorer will get us some more goals, I still believe that the combination of a goalscorer AND binning 4-5-1 is what we need. I don't see even a decent goalscorer getting enough goals for promotion in the current system. Our style of football is too slow, laboured, predictable and easy to deal with for us to do much damage to other teams. I enjoy watching a passing game if it is done at a high tempo and with forward movement and attacking intent.

The way things are going "headed toward mediocrity" will be viewed as an upward step.

Back