• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you be interested in helping with repairs at RH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How about a "community service project" for the local wrong uns .... ( theres plenty of em !) .... Give them a ladder , a brush , 100 litres of paint + if they muck about then they get to clean the west stand bogs with their own toothbrush.

Nice idea but the players tend to go on holiday around this time.

Whilst I agree we are a family friendly club and we should all try to help and support the club I cannot help but feel slightly peeved by this. I know the old place is falling down and is in desperate need of repair and freshening up and I would be more than happy to help out but....... The person that owns the flipping place won't spend a penny on maintaining yet expects others to do so. Mmmm.
Now if the club was part owned by the supporters then that is different

Whilst I agree we are a family friendly club and we should all try to help and support the club I cannot help but feel slightly peeved by this. I know the old place is falling down and is in desperate need of repair and freshening up and I would be more than happy to help out but....... The person that owns the flipping place won't spend a penny on maintaining yet expects others to do so. Mmmm.

I totally agree with the highlighted bit, but I don't think Ron expects others (i.e us) to do what is being suggested by OBL.

Yeah my thoughts exactly!

Ron has been at the helm for centuries yet the only update is the turnstiles as far as I know !

If the fans owned RH then their would be 100s willing to help out.

I can.

As I work in Maintenance I can usually turn my hand to most things, just let me know where I can help..:thumbsup:

Maybe I read the thread wrong ot interpreted it wrong.
Not at all! Chairman come and go, but we stay.
Someone posted about bad experiences in other forms of entertainment.
We've all seen bad films,We won't watch a second time.We lose to millwall(badly) and turn up next home game(and lose).
I agree with OBL in just making our home comforts more comfortable which won't increase equity in Roots Hall.
(Not intrested in away end,they can suffer:smile:).

I will definitely help,

would be preferrable to get some kind of acknowledgment from RM, at the very least will pay for the materials. Would be great PR for the club.

The Supporter's Group have a meeting next month and Dave Jobbo has been invited.

We can put this on the agenda and save the Trust getting directly involved.

I wasn't involving the Trust "directly", just myself. I will mention it so they are fully aware, and then you can discuss in more detail with Jobbo.

Simple really.

Following on from the "Roots Hall" thread, would you be prepared to become part of a "Supporters Inc" team to help with some organised running repairs and general "sprucing up" of the old girl during the summer?

I think it would be useful to know if any volunteers have any specific skills that might be useful, particularly in the handyman line. Perhaps these could be detailed in replies on this thread.

If there is enough support and interest, then I will take the idea along to our next liaison meeting.

The last thing you want is people with no skills at all, people who have never done and paining and decorating... They can actually slow things down on the job... I would vet people as you said, and ask them to be 100% honest.

I can.

As I work in Maintenance I can usually turn my hand to most things, just let me know where I can help..:thumbsup:

Can you turn your hand to a new 4-sided stadium, on the cheap like? :winking:

The last thing you want is people with no skills at all, people who have never done and paining and decorating... They can actually slow things down on the job... I would vet people as you said, and ask them to be 100% honest.

Vet people who are willing to give up their free time to help the club! If I volunteered with no skills and was told I was being vetted I'd tell them where to shove it. Whether you're a skilled trades man or someone who is DIY inept surely there would be jobs for everyone. Whether it's cleaning up, washing down walls, etc. To suggest vetting people on their skills and not allowing people who haven't ever painted or decorated would be a **** take imo.

Whilst its admirable that fans are offering to help for free, I can't see why you don't wait until the council have decided on the FF planning proposal. Some are now posting as if they have said no, which of course they have not. For those that see FF as a good idea you might be better off talking direct to your councillor. A ten minute, constructive chat might well save you cleaning out the RH toilets or hours with the paint brush.

If of course it they say no, then I am just the man for unblocking toilets and drains as it happens about twice a year where I live (not my fault). I even have my own drain rods.

Vet people who are willing to give up their free time to help the club! If I volunteered with no skills and was told I was being vetted I'd tell them where to shove it. Whether you're a skilled trades man or someone who is DIY inept surely there would be jobs for everyone. Whether it's cleaning up, washing down walls, etc. To suggest vetting people on their skills and not allowing people who haven't ever painted or decorated would be a **** take imo.

Yes washing things, but painting... And I other stuff... I have worked many times in the situation, it can slow you down tenfold, free time or not.

Anyhow I am not the boss of this so its not my call.

Back