• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you be interested in helping with repairs at RH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you're doing everything, it doesn't sound much like a partnership to me.

I guess I am just feeling a bit grumpy tonight. I love doing what I do, I don't like chasing to get what is needed to make it successful.

I hope mrsblue put his name down as a 'yes'. He has more time on his hands than anyone. Could be something to put on his CV to help eventually find a job.

Do the maths?? Really? Ok, I pay full price for my ticket plus the finance company charges. Yet, I run, administrate and co-ordinate ALL of the Junior Blues activities for the club yet receive absolutely NOTHING in return. Please don't give me any sob stories about paying "full price", I am sick to the back teeth of doing everything yet receiving absolutely bugger all.

Even getting a shirt (provided by us) signed - apparently is not possible, yet I know I will be giving up a day of my holiday to be at Marsh Farm for the Juniors on Thursday. I am cheesed off, as if you haven't guessed yet I am still prepared to try and HELP our club!!! :angry:

If you wish to avoid this next year

1. apply for a credit card with 12+ months interest free credit and use the card once to pay for your season ticket
2. set up a direct debit to pay the minimum each month
3. Open a regular saving account and set up a standing order to pay in the cost of a season card divided by 12 each month.
4. Pay off the credit card in full with the money from the regular savings account before the interest free period expires and then cancel the card

Instead of paying the finance company charges your bank will pay you interest each month.

I was coaching a team in Southend,spending plenty in taking kids to training and games,helping put up nets on match day and either the gaffer or myself run the line.

I devised a rosta for the parents to run the line which a couple gladly obliged,sadly the majority wasn't interested in doing nothing.

People will alway's watch others do the donkey work,you have my sympathy OBL.

The Supporter's Group had a meeting with Dave Jobson a couple of nights ago and he is very grateful for the offers of help.

Can the people who volunteered to help please advise me by PM of dates they are free , starting from next week.

Could the people who said they would chip in with donations also pm me with their offers.

Thanks

Yup my donation offer of £20 is still good, can forward it on pay day 6th May ! Good luck !!
The Supporter's Group had a meeting with Dave Jobson a couple of nights ago and he is very grateful for the offers of help.

Can the people who volunteered to help please advise me by PM of dates they are free , starting from next week.

Could the people who said they would chip in with donations also pm me with their offers.

Thanks

We have had several offers of help so far, so can the rest of the poll volunteer people who stated they could help please PM me.

Do the maths?? Really? Ok, I pay full price for my ticket plus the finance company charges. Yet, I run, administrate and co-ordinate ALL of the Junior Blues activities for the club yet receive absolutely NOTHING in return. Please don't give me any sob stories about paying "full price", I am sick to the back teeth of doing everything yet receiving absolutely bugger all.

Even getting a shirt (provided by us) signed - apparently is not possible, yet I know I will be giving up a day of my holiday to be at Marsh Farm for the Juniors on Thursday. I am cheesed off, as if you haven't guessed yet I am still prepared to try and HELP our club!!! :angry:

and I donate £100 to cancer research, and am totally ****ed off that they won't do a research report for me.

Get a grip nan

Try and get the teens in, we'll have around 3 months off soon, I'm assuming on behalf of a lot of people my age all we'd look for is a discount on next season's shirt or something.

Try and get the teens in, we'll have around 3 months off soon, I'm assuming on behalf of a lot of people my age all we'd look for is a discount on next season's shirt or something.

You haven't got the idea of "volunteering", have you?

How about money for nothing and your chicks for free.

I'm sure a show from the bluebells at lunch would go down a treat :hilarious:

You haven't got the idea of "volunteering", have you?

I'd quite happily do it for free, but the problem with young people now days is that they won't do something unless there's a reward involved (i.e. a discount on a shirt). There's simply no incentive.

Without opening up a whole can of worms, if we had people that could and would chip in what would the likey hood be on sorting the North Bank out for home fans over the summer and doing something for the away fans?

I can't help but think we really need this to get behind the boys.

Back