• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't go to games because I can't afford to. I'm rooting for the lads though because my sole source of income is from driving that open-top bus at our victory parades.

i havent had a season ticket since the year we won the league one title. i dare you to call me a non-fan. money, kids, work, means i havent been able to get to too many games but it's in my blood - and ive been there done it, written for the programme, still on the trust committee, co-owned shrimperzone, etc etc. when i have money or time i'll be back

I used to when I was younger think you had to go to the games to be a fan. From the time I started work at seventeen I started going home and away pretty much every week and before that I went to most of them thanks to my old man keep putting his hand in his pocket.

Nowadays I do all the league homes and the occasional away (aldershot, gills etc) but family are more of a priority for me. That dosent make you any less of a fan. I still feel pain when we loose, I still go mental in the front room if we win away, I know Southend will always be my only side until I die - But at the moment aways really dont suit me. As Naps said I know I will be back but I dont think personally I have anything to prove.

If the thread had been changed to is Leeboy really a Southend Supporter I would have some sympathy :p

I'll go through thick and thin but we were all out the back of the West questioning our sanity at half time and at full time I think we'd just lost the will to live. It wasn't so long ago we were getting these crowds and less. I have no problem if the floating fan wants to do something better with their time on a Saturday afternoon. God knows we can't expect people to tolerate that dross week in week out. I'll take some comfort from the fact that there's around 3,000 that will start to make their way back if performances pick up consistently. Sadly we may have to wait a bit for that. I'd love to know what our break even attendence figure is this season. I'd like to think it is still lower than Saturday's gate.

If the thread had been changed to is Leeboy really a Southend Supporter I would have some sympathy :p

I'll go through thick and thin but we were all out the back of the West questioning our sanity at half time and at full time I think we'd just lost the will to live. It wasn't so long ago we were getting these crowds and less. I have no problem if the floating fan wants to do something better with their time on a Saturday afternoon. God knows we can't expect people to tolerate that dross week in week out. I'll take some comfort from the fact that there's around 3,000 that will start to make their way back if performances pick up consistently. Sadly we may have to wait a bit for that. I'd love to know what our break even attendence figure is this season. I'd like to think it is still lower than Saturday's gate.

Leeboy?

I thought he was dead?

Hi
how do you define a true supporter - this makes me laugh I have people ask me who do you support and I say without any hesitation SUFC and they reply but yeah but what club in the premiership and I say I watch some teams in the premiership that I enjoy watching their style of play but at I say my team is SUFC- I have been going to the Hall for 30 odd years and even worked there for six seasons as I could not afford to go . It can be very frustrating but what a true supporter is someone who goes to support their local club when they can through good times and bad.

up the blues !!

Silly question in my mind, you have to register on here, and you have to be a real supporter to endure some of the complete ***** u get to see and keep coming back for more.
the forums rife with complaints, but thats only on the back of probably the best period in our history, and demise of the tilly/brush era. Weve seen amazing things, and now were back to being beaten by teams like morecambe, this has been the norm rather then the exception for the bulk of my life. I feel sick about whats happened to our club lately, and i can only foresee league 2 in our future for a while. I hate it with a passion, disgusted with the pawning off of our club by RM, deeply saddened by the current squad of journeymen we have, none of which (bar granty) i have any memories/emotional attachment with. disgusted at being beaten by morecambe. sad that were not still singing "championship, having a laugh" at a packed roots hall.
But.. do i go still go to games? yes. do i still listen to games on blues player? Yes. do i still log on to shrimperzone with my morning cup of coffee? yes. Is the first thing i talk about with my old man, SUFC? yes
And i always will...
The floaters and glory hunters cant hack it, fair game.
SUFC is for life not just for christmas, its like a marriage, for better or worse. Had the better, back to the worse.

Silly question in my mind, you have to register on here, and you have to be a real supporter to endure some of the complete ***** u get to see and keep coming back for more.
the forums rife with complaints, but thats only on the back of probably the best period in our history, and demise of the tilly/brush era. Weve seen amazing things, and now were back to being beaten by teams like morecambe, this has been the norm rather then the exception for the bulk of my life. I feel sick about whats happened to our club lately, and i can only foresee league 2 in our future for a while. I hate it with a passion, disgusted with the pawning off of our club by RM, deeply saddened by the current squad of journeymen we have, none of which (bar granty) i have any memories/emotional attachment with. disgusted at being beaten by morecambe. sad that were not still singing "championship, having a laugh" at a packed roots hall.
But.. do i go still go to games? yes. do i still listen to games on blues player? Yes. do i still log on to shrimperzone with my morning cup of coffee? yes. Is the first thing i talk about with my old man, SUFC? yes
And i always will...
The floaters and glory hunters cant hack it, fair game.
SUFC is for life not just for christmas, its like a marriage, for better or worse. Had the better, back to the worse.

And keep hoping for the better again. Well said.

No you are of course right i am not a southend utd supporter in any way shape or form and you are far superior to myself and many others,i feel so ashamed.

Credential point scoring : I've supported Southend for over 40 years, travelling all over the country and abroad to watch them. So yes, I have experienced the ups and downs and apologies if I came across as patronising because that wasn't my aim. I obviously shoot as well as Corr ! Instead I was just trying to point out that now is the time to show support for the team whilst also questioniing the position of people who claim to be supporters but are staying away merely because they feel upset with Ron As I recalll the Rubins wern't exactly saints either and what about Anton Johnson who really did rob the club blind. Can't remember too many people staying away from games back then.

In the circumstances i think the fact we are getting 5,000 is quite impressive.

yeh thought the 5,000 plus against morcambe was more than expected as me and two mates always guess the attendance on the day and we all thought their was under 5,000 on the day, and their was only 53 or so morcambe fans.

Yes I'm a real Southend supporter I've missed 4 home games since 1947

I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who would somehow find a way to go to more games if we were 5 points clear at the top and playing the most amazing football.

I know I'm attending more away games this season because the football is better.

Back