• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ashamed to be ginger

Gingerly speaking

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chadded

Not striking since 2004
A certain movement within SZFC have recently been bullying me for having ginger coloured hair.

This is causing me some serious distress at the moment and I am considering dying my hair another colour to stop this abuse.

So I put to you the SZone public what colour should I dye my ginger locks?

Also should I dye the carpet as well?

Blue, to support your footie team :D

Seriously though, it wouldnt suit you to dye your hair another colour. Think about how it would look with your skin colour, i.e dying it black would make you look ill, probably.

It seems generally acceptable to shout for example "Come on Harrold you Ginger prat", but if you said "Get on with it JCR you Black *******" you could be in serious trouble - A mate of mine was fined £600 for calling the Gillingham keeper a black prick.

So whats the difference? Hair colour, Skin colour, is there any difference?
I also have ginger hair and it has certainly never bothered me, but If I posted something on here akin to "That Black **** JCR was rubbish today, I would probably get banned, but plenty of people make reference to Harrold being a useless Ginger Prat and this seems totally acceptable.

With the increasing references to Ginger people its only a matter of time till someone from another ethnic group calls me Ginger and I when I reply by addressing them as blackie, or brownface or whatever, it will be interesting to see if they take offence.

Apparently Matt Harrold has dyed his hair black after someone spotted him looking rather sheepish in the Sainsbury's at Rayleigh. :hilarious:

Having been blessed with two ginger kids i say fuk em they are only jealous of your beautiful hair colour.You are as your parents made you and should never ever change to please small minded individuals,remeber that great German saying "hey blondie your hair is on fire".
From a early age i have called my kids every ginger name under the sun to prepare them for the jibes in later life of course they are now both in therapy,ho hum.
I was once reffing a under 15 game at shoebury high and asked a red head lad to move back by saying "move back ginge " and he burst in to tears.
Its hard being ginge chadded but hold on in there,as my wife says you gingers will rule the world one day,but then again she is a stupid fukin trout.
P.S. i know you are only joking about dying your hair,but you must feel the ginger love on this board,wheres bazza the dog when you need him.

no answers to my post then.
So to expand the point, what is acceptable?
If a bloke comes form Pakistan, it seems unaceptable to call him a ****. If he is from Ausatralia its ok to call him an Aussie, im obviously missin something here.

Last edited:
Nice bit of fishing......

Because "****" is a term of hatred and abuse and groups many different nationalities under one ignorant umbrella.

no MK not fishing at all. Someone from Pakistan is a pakistani, so has anyone asked them if they are offended to be called a ****? Its an abreviation. How is it different from an Aussie or a Jock?

Barclays Bankers. (The SZFC lot). It would appear that I left myself logged on Mr Wooly's computer last night whilst having a few sociables with some of the SZFC lads.

I have my suspects- interrogation will begin soon.

Will the guilty party be summoned to a court marshall hearing?

Or what about death by firing squad?

:D

The main suspect has already been identified.

Let's just say I think your manager may be mysteriously AWOL very soon ;)

Ha ha! It was an opportunity too good to miss! Let's face it, they could have done a lot worse...

:rolleyes:

Back