• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ashley Cole Charged!!

palexander

Life President
Has anyone else seen the news that Ashley Cole has been charged by the FA for illegally approaching Chelsea for a move!!?

Dont think this has ever happened before, certainly not to such a high profile player - and what does this mean for Cole? Will he obviously be sold to Chelsea now, never play for Arse again and receive death threats from Gooners?

After all the stuff he (apparantly) came out and said about the affair and all along it looks like he instigated it... oh dear...

Here's the story from Thefa.com

Cole, Mourinho and Chelsea all charged
Copyright Press Association Ltd. Wednesday, 23 March 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Premier League have charged Arsenal full-back Ashley Cole for making an alleged illegal approach to rivals Chelsea.

Chelsea and their manager Jose Mourinho have also been separately charged for their alleged involvement in the 'tapping up' saga.

The 24-year-old England international was reported to have met Mourinho and Blues chief executive Peter Kenyon at a hotel in London.

A statement from the Premier League read: "Ashley Cole has been charged with a breach of Rule K5, governing approaches by players to clubs.

"Chelsea Football Club have been charged with a breach of Rule K3, governing approaches to players.

"Jose Mourinho has been charged with a breach of Rule Q, governing managers' conduct."

The charges follow a Premier League inquiry into reports of a illegal meeting at the Royal Park Hotel at Lancaster Gate.

Details of the supposed meeting, which agent Pini Zahavi and Cole's agent Jonathan Barnett are alleged to have attended, was first reported on January 30. However, Barnett and Zahavi will not face action from the Premier League, although officials have passed on details to the Football Association.

The statement continued: "As licensed agents, Mr Jonathan Barnett and Mr Pini Zahavi do not fall within the jurisdiction of the FA Premier League for the purposes of this matter.

"The board will be forwarding information gathered during the inquiry to the Football Association with a view to considering whether further steps should be taken in relation to their actions."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Mar. 23 2005,22:37)]monkey's, gives, who, a ?
I'm sorry but I would p*ss myself if Cole joined Chelsea!

Go on Ash do the decent thing!

laugh.gif

I'm sorry, but living in North London makes you appreciate what a load of t*ssers Gooners are and I hate them with a significant passion. Their non-english 11 recently tipped me over the edge, especially when most Gooners didn't bat an eyelid.

I've now reverted to calling them "Francenal" in light of this despicable act!

biggrin.gif

*and breathes* ...

I was caught stealing batteries as a kid and charged by the police.

My brother was caught stealing fireworks but the police let him off.

Back