• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ashley Miller-Right Back

shrimperton

Manager
Went to watch Concord Rangers play off final today, the right back they have is getting rave reviews, and after his performance today he could be a good league 2 right back,, former west ham player, but has pace to burn, great crosser and can tackle too.
Head and shoulders above everything esle on the pitch today.

Must be in our price range

Get over their southend scouts and have a look!!!

Last edited:
Went to watch Concord Rangers play off final today, the right back they have is getting rave reviews, and after his performance today he could be a good league 2 right back,, former west ham player, but has pace to burn, great crosser and can tackle too.

Concord Rangers...Loyal supporter, why weren't you at Roots Hall today then

It has been somewhat of a drop for him, from West Ham reserves to Concord in such a short space of time. One of those "no harm in giving a trial to" players.

Perhaps you should throw his name forward to the club? They did do the whole appeal for fans' suggestions a little while ago after all.

What about their striker Lyle Taylor - what was he like? I have never seen him play but have read quite a lot about him in the Echo - evidently he's scored 35 or so goals for them this season.

Bit of a jump from Ryman League 1 to League 2 but seeing as somone of our players this season have looked like Ryman players this season maybe he can't be much worse.

Well done to Concord Rangers today promoted to the Ryman Premier maybe a pre-season friendly could be arranged with them

What about their striker Lyle Taylor - what was he like? I have never seen him play but have read quite a lot about him in the Echo - evidently he's scored 35 or so goals for them this season.

he is 18 and very raw, again pace to burn for fun, but really shouyld have 5 goals, terrible finishing, a bit of a younger Dean Morgan

Could be good with some decent coaching

It has been somewhat of a drop for him, from West Ham reserves to Concord in such a short space of time. One of those "no harm in giving a trial to" players.

Perhaps you should throw his name forward to the club? They did do the whole appeal for fans' suggestions a little while ago after all.
Agree with Andy, drop the club an email and hopefully they'll send a scout along to see the lad. Can't do any harm?

he is 18 and very raw, again pace to burn for fun, but really shouyld have 5 goals, terrible finishing, a bit of a younger Dean Morgan

Could be good with some decent coaching

Forget us then. Striker coaching at Roots Hall is cr*p, as is defence and midfield.

errrm no wonder we went down! :whistling:

and considering the team and management i saw v Brighton had given up, i thought i might go watch a game that means something to players, not a load of players sulking cos they aint got their £2000 this week.

So you wouldn't have a bit of a sulk if you hadn't been paid for a month or 2?

So you wouldn't have a bit of a sulk if you hadn't been paid for a month or 2?

Not if someone was paying me £2000 a week and had promised me the money soon and if they didnt pay i have the back of the pfa who will pay me any way mate, players know their money is coming one way of another and too much has been made about it, the problem at sufc runs deeper than not being paid on time.

Posted this before , but a Local lad that has been released by Chelsea is Billy Knott , great player and will make it in League football at a decent level IMO .

Bit of a cloud surrounding why he left Chelsea but is without a club at teh Moment I believe and has been training with Concord .

Bit of a jump from Ryman League 1 to League 2 but seeing as somone of our players this season have looked like Ryman players this season maybe he can't be much worse.

Well done to Concord Rangers today promoted to the Ryman Premier maybe a pre-season friendly could be arranged with them

If someone is good enough, a jump isn't that much of a problem. I was playing with Kightly at Basildon United, he left after a spat with the manager at the time and within three months was playing in Southend First team.

Essex Senior League to League Two is even more of a jump

Posted this before , but a Local lad that has been released by Chelsea is Billy Knott , great player and will make it in League football at a decent level IMO .

Bit of a cloud surrounding why he left Chelsea but is without a club at teh Moment I believe and has been training with Concord .
I know it's been mentioned before but the club have previously said they would appreciate emails regarding any info the fans have about decent players they've seen, worth popping the club an email just in case they've not noticed this lad DB?

Billy Knott is a great player, one I would sign at Southend, oozes skill and talent

Back