• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Atmosphere Vrs Crewe

Shrimp Creek

Schoolboy
Thought the atmosphere was 1/2 notches up on the Tramere game with the mob at the back of block V/W in the west being very vocal. They even treated me to "on a piece of string" which was funny :D
Most impressive was when the the south stand /west stand thing got going around the time of the 2/3rd goal- and the sight of the South stand upper rocking -well done.
special mention must also go to the west stand smokers who put in a sterling performance :cool:
Shrimp Creek

From the V Block in the West I heard the South a couple of times, I even the East sing at one point! :eek:

Thought the atmosphere was 1/2 notches up on the Tramere game with the mob at the back of block V/W in the west being very vocal. They even treated me to "on a piece of string" which was funny :D
Most impressive was when the the south stand /west stand thing got going around the time of the 2/3rd goal- and the sight of the South stand upper rocking -well done.
special mention must also go to the west stand smokers who put in a sterling performance :cool:
Shrimp Creek

Smoking outside at half time ....Discusting! You would not catch me doing it ...although I did spot Rock Chick and his Superior Rock God at it ..;)

One didn't sing in the East because it would have disturb one's enjoyment of one's prawn sandwiches.

Yeah I love the west, east and south singing this song (just like spurs do it)

If you sing once then listen to the crowds in the other stands its really good! Although us lot in the West struggled with this as everytime we sung then wanted to listen to the other stand we kept getting "were the smokers of the west" which was funny for the 1st few times after that it got annoying lol

Overall though, well done to everyone and if you walk down towards the family section of the west you most definatley here it the best.

Special mention must go to the guy in the South upper who gets this going everytime then points to the other stands (east / south) to do it when required!

Roll on the new stadium so we can do it then, but twice as noisy!

east were very quiet. when it eventually got going started by the west it went round a few times and was pretty loud but then stands got confused who was going when and who's turn it was. lol

just wanted to add, anyone watching mk dons vs lincoln. leon knights having a cracker but my point is they are doing the chant we're the south stand etc etc. singing full on it sounds so good. i really want this to get going at roots hall.

It is wicked at the hall but as i said above, we really need the new stadium to help on this!

yeah very true. cannot wait to get the new stadium, the atmosphere will be so good. hopefully as good as away games.

surprised to hear the attendance at the mk game was over 17,000. how good is that for a league 2 game!

17,000 !!

Guess it's because they are in the new ground now and everyone wants to check it out. I expect us to get this or more when/if we get the new stadium!

Im pretty confident we will have our own mini Kop as we do like a sing song!

lol. mini kop would be nice. i think if we get all the die hards (lol) sitting together we create an amazing atmosphere and enjoy the match even more

17,000 !!

Guess it's because they are in the new ground now and everyone wants to check it out. I expect us to get this or more when/if we get the new stadium!

Im pretty confident we will have our own mini Kop as we do like a sing song!

its actually just over 13,000. it is still there biggest crowd at their new stadium by quite a long way, still 13000 aint bad, i wonder if theyve reduced the prices for this one ???

just as an update, their average before today was around 7500, and for this game any season ticket holder could bring 2 more people for a pound each, good way of encouraging support.

Last edited:
One didn't sing in the East because it would have disturb one's enjoyment of one's prawn sandwiches.

LOL :D
Personally i think we should take a leaf out of Tillys book and drop the East for the carlise game to teach them a lesson . Maybe they will come back "up for it" for Cheltenham ;)

Back