• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

20130714_3158.jpg

Whilst some say its not Southend United, neither was the Voltage cherry which whilst despite being the worst shirt we have ever worn in 100 years was still popular.

This one is not only 'not Southend' but it is too similar to Hull City's distinctive colours. I dont think the away shirt has to be anything connected with the club's history personally, but this one just reminds me of Hull everytime I see it.

View attachment 2382

Whilst some say its not Southend United, neither was the Voltage cherry which whilst despite being the worst shirt we have ever worn in 100 years was still popular.

This one is not only 'not Southend' but it is too similar to Hull City's distinctive colours. I dont think the away shirt has to be anything connected with the club's history personally, but this one just reminds me of Hull everytime I see it.

Or barnet

Or Cambridge in some respects

Or barnet

Or Cambridge in some respects

Barnet sprang to mind instantly, and yes even Cambridge.

Its just too distinctive and too linked to those few clubs.

Its like having blue and white hoops and not trying to think of QPR or Reading.

Away colours

What idiot chose the away colours with black shorts and socks ? Surely,the shorts and socks clash with our home kit !!
Referees will ask for shorts and socks to be changed.I notice that the home kit has white socks.Would it not have been better to have an away kit completely different.If we are going to have Hull,Barnet type shirts,we should have yellow shorts and socks.Personally, I hate yellow,would have gone for all white with designs of blue.Muppets.

I can't see how a yellow and black top is going to clash with a navy top and black socks clash with white socks?

I think it's horrible too, but if you read through these forums you'll see the general feeling is that it's quite a good one.

Looked quite smart to me . But it doesn't matter what the colour is does it .Or if it got strips or not .Because if the bodys in them don't perform we will end up at the bottom end of . So forget the shirts we need players NOW or as Soon as possible

I like it. I think some people would of moaned whatever colour or design it was

I agree. Navy is obviously an extremely dark blue. If a home side had black shorts - at a glance there would be little difference. I do not see why all yellow is not the preffered option?
Think the away shirt looks cheap and the club badge looks like it was a late addition - which it was!

Back