• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GrumpyBlue

Director⭐⭐
Have just spoken to our beloved club re purchasing a ticket for the Exeter away game.

They tell me that tickets are for collection only! As I live 350 miles from Roots Hall - asked about posting - they said it would cost be £5.20 special postage - which on a Senior standing ticket of £12.00 is a bit ridiculous - they also said there would be pay on the day.

Thought I would check with Exeter - they could not sell me a ticket - and could not confirm whether pay on the day would be available until SUFC had sold their allocation.

As the game is unlikely to be a sellout - I shall travel to Exeter as normal (I already have my train ticket) - if I cannot get in I can spend a nice afternoon in the Great Western with Mr Noxious:winking:

Joking aside this situation is a bit crap from both clubs - any sensible comments from other exiles out there ?

Whats our allocation. I seriouly doubt we'd fill it.

I'm sure if you ask a kindly Zoner, they'd help you out mate.

We wont sell our allocation so you won't have any problem getting a ticket on the day.

Personally I feel this is a big game and could sell out. I jest, but ridiculous from Sufc. I need to get a Portsmouth ticket but don't live near so how will I get one? £5.20 postage on a ticket?

Personally I feel this is a big game and could sell out. I jest, but ridiculous from Sufc. I need to get a Portsmouth ticket but don't live near so how will I get one? £5.20 postage on a ticket?

Exeter may well sell out, i agree. In terms of Pompey, I would say pay on the day if that option is available. If not, get someone to buy you one and send it to you :smile:

Yes they should but the staff in our ticket office are cavemen.

Very unfair.

Cavemen were highly innovative and invented all sorts of useful things.

I would say they resemble kids on work experience programmes myself.Polite but not very clued up.

Remind me again.What do you get if you pay peanuts?

Buy your tickets over the phone.
Say a friend is picking them up for you.
Get a kind zoner who lives in Southend to pick them up.
Get said kind zoner to send you the tickets for the price of a first class stamp.
Buy said kind zoner a drink to say thank you.

Job done.

Pay on the day...if by some bizarre quirk of fate there is no pay on the day in the away end, go in the home section.

If all that fails, sit in the pub all day, then come on here on the monday and have a moan about it :winking:

Get said kind zoner to send you the tickets for the price of a first class stamp.

Job done.
Even better I would have said, nominate a trusted "friend" travelling down on one of the coaches - or another method if preferred - to bring tickets along, that way you're not relying on the post.

Job done.

This is the way forward

Can't wait for the potential bun-fight for tickets on Boxing Day away to the Wombles.....max I believe is approx 850 tickets for away fans....need to sort it out ticket office !!!

Back