• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Also, it would be nice to know what our allocation is for away games........and to ask that the ticket office publish (on this forum), anticipated sales....just so that us exiles can plan ahead ....and save £5.20 on postal charges...please!!

Surely this cannot fall into the "too difficult" pile ???

Also, it would be nice to know what our allocation is for away games........and to ask that the ticket office publish (on this forum), anticipated sales....just so that us exiles can plan ahead ....and save £5.20 on postal charges...please!!

Why? It really isnt needed.

All away games (other then a random FA Cup clash Vs a Prem side) are over subscribed so people that are unable to get to the ticket office or dont wish to pay Post can ALWAYS pay on the day.

Really is simple and cant believe the question was asked.

Even better I would have said, nominate a trusted "friend" travelling down on one of the coaches - or another method if preferred - to bring tickets along, that way you're not relying on the post.

No, just the motorways.

Why? It really isnt needed.

All away games (other then a random FA Cup clash Vs a Prem side) are over subscribed so people that are unable to get to the ticket office or dont wish to pay Post can ALWAYS pay on the day.

Really is simple and cant believe the question was asked.

Without wishing to query your logic...surely this thread means there is an issue....and the resolution being;

1; To release tickets in good time...note last season you could apply / book up for away games (usually the following 3), in advance of the event.
2; To announce for argument's sake..."initial allocation of 600 tickets, dependant upon demand, more available"..or "600 tickets, that's yer lot".

I think it's called being pro-active ( helpful) ? :smile:

I would have thought if information like that is wanted, then it would be best published on the official site.

No, just the motorways.
More chance of sympathy if our supporters coaches have been held up and your tickets are on it rather than them not turning up in the post!

I would have thought if information like that is wanted, then it would be best published on the official site.

More chance of sympathy if our supporters coaches have been held up and your tickets are on it rather than them not turning up in the post!

Sympathy maybe, but the chance of getting into the ground is still 0 regardless!

First time I will have seen the Blues, since I moved to Devon (really missing Lakeside...not!),going corporate with some Exeter fans so I'm really looking forward to leaping out of my seat when our fourth goal goes in. Quite glad really because the away end is a bit crap although the pasties are good and I do remember a pizza service offered from the local Dominos

There's 8 of us going down for the weekend and I wasn't going to bother buying tickets beforehand. I thought you could pretty much always pay on the day.

More importantly, where does a chap find the finest pint of ale in Exeter?

Sympathy maybe, but the chance of getting into the ground is still 0 regardless!

Given that the ground was less than 75% full for their derby against Plymouth and less than 50% for practically every other match so far, combined with the fact they can accommodate 1150 away supporters, I'd actually say the chances of NOT getting in on the day are 0.

Thanks for all the advice chaps - have taken up the offer from a Zoner who is collecting tickets for me and Mr Noxious.

An interesting afterthought from todays conversation with the box office - they say that away tickets can be posted (todays rate is £5.65!), picked up at Roots Hall, or sent on the Team Bus! (how this works if they are coming by train I do not know)

Home tickets are sent by normal post as SUFC can replace lost tickets - they cannot do this with away tickets!

Clear as mud eh - probably different for othe away games :'(

Thanks for all the advice chaps - have taken up the offer from a Zoner who is collecting tickets for me and Mr Noxious.

An interesting afterthought from todays conversation with the box office - they say that away tickets can be posted (todays rate is £5.65!), picked up at Roots Hall, or sent on the Team Bus! (how this works if they are coming by train I do not know)

Home tickets are sent by normal post as SUFC can replace lost tickets - they cannot do this with away tickets!

They did this for me last season for the Brentford FA Cup game. Brought on the coach and then handed in to the Brentford ticket office, which I then collected.

They did this for me last season for the Brentford FA Cup game. Brought on the coach and then handed in to the Brentford ticket office, which I then collected.
I did this at our game at Oxford last month,worked easily enough.

Given that the ground was less than 75% full for their derby against Plymouth and less than 50% for practically every other match so far, combined with the fact they can accommodate 1150 away supporters, I'd actually say the chances of NOT getting in on the day are 0.

Maybe I should re-phrase. The chances of getting in without paying a second time are just about 0.

Me and Mule picked up a couple of-ahem- "replacement" tickets (booked on the net) for the Scunthorpe game in September.Needless to say the tickets were never sent out out,as I'd asked for them to be picked up on the day of the match.They printed them out in front of us.They're normally waiting in an envelope.

I still haven't fogotten the pain when I enquired as to why my Wembley ticket still hadn't turned up (the day before I flew over) only to be told that the ticket had first been sent out in the national post,only for it to be sent back,which obviously delayed it being re-sent to me a tad.:angry:

There's 8 of us going down for the weekend and I wasn't going to bother buying tickets beforehand. I thought you could pretty much always pay on the day.

More importantly, where does a chap find the finest pint of ale in Exeter?
Just worry about getting your Wonga in the whip tight wad.

I am exiled in North Wales and have purchased away tickets easily from the club ticket office.
I pay for the tickets and ask for them to be sent up with the team.
I also now ask for the booking reference as Chesterfield ticket office said they couldn't find any tickets in my name. (they were found eventually apparently were with supporters coach)
Got tickets for the Newport match and no problems at all. Same with Hartlepool.
I think our ticket off ice do a great job, they are quick which is good when ringing on premium numbers.
All football grounds appear to be geared up for this arrangement and sometimes these tickets are even posted up to be ready for collection by the away fans. Hope this helps.

Back