• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
There has been a lot of chat recently about why the Trust doesn't arrange a pick up from the City of London for away games (particularly the midweek ones).

There are many reasons for this but most notably, logistical problems and supposed lack of interest.

Well here's your opportunity to prove us wrong!

We are looking at the possibility of running a coach to the LDV Area Final 1st Leg v Bristol Rovers, with a single pick up somewhere in the City of London (possibly Fenchurch St / Great Tower St area).

The proposed journey back will be via the A127 with possible dropping points at Basildon, Rayleigh Weir and Southend Victoria.

These are only proposed dropping points and will obviously depend upon the passengers!  Other potential dropping points (within reason) will be considered.

There will not be a drop off in the City on the way back.

The likely cost will be the same as coaches leaving Southend i.e. £30 non members, £20 members.  (Remember, it only costs £7 to become a member of the Trust so an instant saving of £3 can be made!)

This is only a proposal at this stage.  Providing we get enough interest we will run the coach.  In order to guard against "no shows" we will probably ask for payment up front.

If you are seriously interested please send your name, contact telephone number(s), and preferred dropping off point to city2bristol@btopenworld.com

Just a suggestion. Maybe some [censored] might want to [censored] and meet up in [censored] for a [censored], a bit like the [censored] thing mentioned earlier. That way, you get everyone in a group for a [censored], meet a few [censored] and [censored] faces and have a [censored] in our country's capital.

Like I say, just a suggestion. I'm [censored]!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 28 2005,22:44)]Just a suggestion.  Maybe some people might want to go up and meet up in London for a drink, a bit like the City Shrimpers thing mentioned earlier.  That way, you get everyone in a group for a pickup, meet a few old and new faces and have a beer in our country's capital.

Like I say, just a suggestion.  I'm not even remotely close to London or Southend at the minute!
Just a suggestion - don't put ideas into peoples heads. It will be hard enough sorting this out as it is
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 28 2005,22:44)]Just a suggestion.  Maybe some people might want to go up and meet up in London for a drink, a bit like the City Shrimpers thing mentioned earlier.  That way, you get everyone in a group for a pickup, meet a few old and new faces and have a beer in our country's capital.

Like I say, just a suggestion.  I'm not even remotely close to London or Southend at the minute!
I don't know - give people an inch and they take a mile
sad.gif

The idea of this is to help the City Shrimpers (not hinder)
smile.gif
.It has not been proposed in order to go on a glorified **** up in London
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Jan. 28 2005,22:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 28 2005,22:44)]Just a suggestion. Maybe some [censored] might want to [censored] and meet up in [censored] for a [censored], a bit like the [censored] thing mentioned earlier. That way, you get everyone in a group for a [censored], meet a few [censored] and [censored] faces and have a [censored] in our country's capital.

Like I say, just a suggestion. I'm [censored]!
Just a suggestion - don't put ideas into peoples heads. It will be hard enough sorting this out as it is
sad.gif
Fine, I'll censor it.....

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 28 2005,22:58)]It has not been proposed in order to go on a glorified **** up in London
down.gif
Why not?

I thought football was supposed to be fun? Or is that not allowed anymore?

WS

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 28 2005,23:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 28 2005,22:58)]It has not been proposed in order to go on a glorified **** up in London
down.gif
Why not?

I thought football was supposed to be fun? Or is that not allowed anymore?

WS

glare.gif
I am agreed with you there a tipple before a coach journey does tend to make it easier take

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 28 2005,23:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Jan. 28 2005,22:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 28 2005,22:44)]Just a suggestion.  Maybe some [censored] might want to [censored] and meet up in [censored] for a [censored], a bit like the [censored] thing mentioned earlier.  That way, you get everyone in a group for a [censored], meet a few [censored] and [censored] faces and have a [censored] in our country's capital.

Like I say, just a suggestion.  I'm [censored]!
sad.gif
Fine, I'll censor it.....

tounge.gif
Like your style
cool.gif

Unfortunate time to start the thread really. Just as every last City Shrimper had arrived safely at home!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 29 2005,20:05)]Unfortunate time to start the thread really.  Just as every last City Shrimper had arrived safely at home!
Were not daft
rock.gif

Seriously, it was posted as soon as we could. I am hoping one of the Moderators will Pin this asap
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 29 2005,20:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 29 2005,20:05)]Unfortunate time to start the thread really. Just as every last City Shrimper had arrived safely at home!
We're not daft
rock.gif

Seriously, it was posted as soon as we could. I am hoping one of the Moderators will Pin this asap
smile.gif
The timing may suggest otherwise.
rock.gif

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 30 2005,00:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 29 2005,20:47)]I am hoping one of the Moderators will Pin this asap  
smile.gif
Are these the same moderators that are doing such a great job keeping the home page updated ?  
wow.gif
I'm a moderator, ORM.

WS

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Feb. 01 2005,17:12)]Irrelevant posts deleted. Please keep to topic.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I guess the relevant topics on this thread point out the blindingly obvious - i.e. there will not be a City pick up.

The remainder of this response has been deleted. It was relevant when it was posted but is irrelevant now.
laugh.gif

Well we tried.

The offer of a coach from the City to Bristol next Tuesday has now been offically withdrawn due to a distinct lack of interest (2 at the last count).

So next time somebody suggests a pick up from within the city please remember that it's been tried and is not financially viable.

I am sure we appreciate the thought but it did come a little late, a lot of people had already organised how they were going to get there by the time the offer came out.

Maybe if more notice was given of a definite fixture that a city coach would be feasible. Then you might find more people respond.

To help not to hinder is the motto ??

However i do realise to run money losing ventures is also not one of them. Of course you could always do a poll on the future coaches to see how many of the regular punters would like a City pick up to gauge the need or send out the suggestion in your next newsletter or even put a mention in a programme about the possility not everyone who supports Southend Utd and works in the city reads this website, some of them do actually go up there to work.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Feb. 09 2005,00:08)]I am sure we appreciate the thought but it did come a little late, a lot of people had already organised how they were going to get there by the time the offer came out.

Maybe if more notice was given of a definite fixture that a city coach would be feasible. Then you might find more people respond.

To help not to hinder is the motto ??

However i do realise to run money losing ventures is also not one of them. Of course you could always do a poll on the future coaches to see how many of the regular punters would like a City pick up to gauge the need or send out the suggestion in your next newsletter or even put a mention in a programme about the possility not everyone who supports Southend Utd and works in the city reads this website, some of them do actually go up there to work.  
wink.gif
A little too late !!!!!!!!!!!!

I run a thread about 2 months ago regarding the possibility of a City/Upminster Pick Up and got about 4 positive responses.

mad.gif

These things take time to sort out. We made this offer on the back of city workers moaning on here about not having a city pick up & having to take time off. You only had four of five days less notice than our normal travellers. Once again no doubt I will be accused of being arrogant. But I don't really care.

We have done what has been asked of us and got a virtual nil response.

Ok, I suppose it could go in the programme & newsletter. However there is not much point now for this Season as I don't think we have anymore midweek away gaes unless we get drawn away first in a play off game.

What more can we do

Or we reach the LDV Vans Final at Cardiff then the Macclesfield game will be midweek

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Feb. 09 2005,08:23)]Or we reach the LDV Vans Final at Cardiff then the Macclesfield game will be midweek
Shoosh !!!!!!!!!

We're not mentioning the C word yet
oops.gif

Back