• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Late One @ Feb. 09 2005,18:42)]Should we still be posting on this topic at this time??

After all the City Shrimpers, who it is about, have all gone home now  
biggrin.gif
We don't want to give them something to moan about do we.
biggrin.gif
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 09 2005,12:34)]I think the way forward might be to start a London chapter of the SUSCT. That way, someone can be responsible for organising drink-ups, any travel should it arise and so on...
Excellent idea.

If only a prominent member of the SUSCT worked in London. Ideally it would be someone who would be able to communicate to Southend fans who also worked in London, maybe through a regular column in the match day programme but also through a popular independent web-site.

I suppose a real bonus would be if their job involved organising things, like maybe conferences. Those organisational skills could then be utilised in organising transport.

Napster, can you think of any such person?

ps I hope the idea of City pick-ups for night games isn't abolished for good on the basis of a lack of response at short notice from this web-site, and can be resurrected with a bit more publicity well before the next suitable match (probably next season).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Late One @ Feb. 09 2005,18:42)]Should we still be posting on this topic at this time??

After all the City Shrimpers, who it is about, have all gone home now  
biggrin.gif
We don't want to give them something to moan about do we.
I'll moan about the fact that I'm still at work for the next couple of hours!

Well i am not, i am sitting nicely at home waiting my next exciting meeting.

Beaver, i did not say that you did it for the praise just suggesting that working for any committee, that any action you do continuously will eventually be taken for granted i.e having to take time off of work to ensure the coaches run.

I hope this clears up the final piece of the puzzle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 09 2005,18:59)][ps I hope the idea of City pick-ups for night games isn't abolished for good on the basis of a lack of response at short notice from this web-site, and can be resurrected with a bit more publicity well before the next suitable match (probably next season).
That is obviously why FA Cup replays cannot be played the following week, so City Shrimpers can sort themselves out
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Feb. 09 2005,19:06)]Beaver, i did not say that you did it for the praise just suggesting  that working for any committee, that any action you do continuously will eventually be taken for granted i.e having to take time off of work to ensure the coaches run.
Blimey that's what's happening to me lately. I just thought it was people being friendly towards me
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 09 2005,18:59)]If only a prominent member of the SUSCT worked in London. Ideally it would be someone who would be able to communicate to Southend fans who also worked in London, maybe through a regular column in the match day programme but also through a popular independent web-site.

I suppose a real bonus would be if their job involved organising things, like maybe conferences. Those organisational skills could then be utilised in organising transport.

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Late One @ Feb. 09 2005,19:29)]That is obviously why FA Cup replays cannot be played the following week, so City Shrimpers can sort themselves out
biggrin.gif
Well exactly,there is all those power lunches and golf days that have to be re-arranged and doing so at such short notice just looks plain rude. Is that not correct ORM ?? (Who is currently in Paris on a jolly)
biggrin.gif

How about a "Kiss A Beaver" Night? After all, I've heard plenty of people talking about doing something with a beaver.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 09 2005,18:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 09 2005,12:34)]I think the way forward might be to start a London chapter of the SUSCT. That way, someone can be responsible for organising drink-ups, any travel should it arise and so on...
Excellent idea.

If only a prominent member of the SUSCT worked in London. Ideally it would be someone who would be able to communicate to Southend fans who also worked in London, maybe through a regular column in the match day programme but also through a popular independent web-site.

No, I can't.

laugh.gif

Back