• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
In the light of this:

BBC

going on in Aylesbury, which has a political composition of this:

Aylesbury Political Composition

Does anyone want to retract, or amend their views?

or the makeup of the "not fit for purpose" Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council

The Metropolitan Borough of Rotherham was founded in 1974, and Labour have been in control of the council since the first election.
YearLabourUKIPConservativeOthersBNP
2014 election[SUP][4][/SUP]5010210
2012 election[SUP][5][/SUP]580410
2011 election[SUP][6][/SUP]540711
2010 election[SUP][7][/SUP]5001021
2008 election[SUP][2][/SUP]5001012
2007 election[SUP][8][/SUP]540720

I was going to bring that up a little later but what the hell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31130750

This one won't ever be swept under the carpet.

because it was a Labour administration whose bullying culture and political correctness (i.e. a Muslim can do no wrong, they are an oppressed minority etc etc) meant that they disabled their officers from doing their duty.

well Londonblue I'd make the following comment. Aylesbury Council does not run social services it is Buckinghamshire County Council. However it is Tory.
Buckinghamshire have apologised for their failings promptly and rightly so.
There is no indication that I can see that they covered the whole thing up due to political correctness rather they did not listen to the children in their care and were blind to what was happening.
So no retraction.
Rotherham was political interference on something that they knew was going on and Buckinghamshire lack of professionalism. Always listen to the child.

Sorry, have I missed something here. This thread appears to only have two actual posts, but quotes from other posts are in London Blue's post. Any explanation would be welcome.

London Blue has quoted from another thread about Rotherham where I made a comment about political interference by the Labour administration in the investigation of child abuse there. He's trying to make a point that Aylesbury is governed by the Tories (albeit by Buckinghamshire County Council) and therefore my point about the Labour adminsiration is invalid. It's basically because he is a Labour supporter and thinks he can make political capital without actually analysing the differences in the 2 cases.

well Londonblue I'd make the following comment. Aylesbury Council does not run social services it is Buckinghamshire County Council. However it is Tory.
Buckinghamshire have apologised for their failings promptly and rightly so.
There is no indication that I can see that they covered the whole thing up due to political correctness rather they did not listen to the children in their care and were blind to what was happening.
So no retraction.
Rotherham was political interference on something that they knew was going on and Buckinghamshire lack of professionalism. Always listen to the child.

But the abuse still took place, and has been for years. I think it was Barnardos that first brought it to attention in 2008, but nothing was done. That says to me there was some sort of cover up, or at least as much of a cover up that you were prepared to blame Labour for. But this wasn't political correctness because it was tory.

The fact that you won't admit your appalling political point scoring says all I need to know.

London Blue has quoted from another thread about Rotherham where I made a comment about political interference by the Labour administration in the investigation of child abuse there. He's trying to make a point that Aylesbury is governed by the Tories (albeit by Buckinghamshire County Council) and therefore my point about the Labour adminsiration is invalid. It's basically because he is a Labour supporter and thinks he can make political capital without actually analysing the differences in the 2 cases.

Actually it's the opposite. It's to prove that you are so right wing you can't see the wood for the trees.

It proves that this has nothing to do with party politics, and everything to do with incompetence, and that incompetence happens across the political spectrum.

Shame on you for trying to make this an election issue on here, and then not even being able admit it.

Thanks for the summary. I'm up to speed now. I'll leave London Blue to comment on the remainder of your post if he feels the need.

Back