• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President

Would we be against it if there was more for winning matches? And some TV interest?

I don't like the idea, but if PL B-teams means more prize money then that might not be a bad thing.

No no no no. **** off Prem League B teams.

Completely agree with the tweeter - disgusting that Wimbledon were the only voter against. :angry:

Couldn't give a T***. We've been there and done it and I must say attmosphere wise it was the biggest anti climax I've ever experinced. The problem is we can easily fill the end with 30,000+ shrimpers but the vast majority of those have probably not been to a league game for ten years and have no interest in making any type of noise. Much better to fill an away end like Chelsea or Spurs with 3-4,000 passionate blues than the type that go to a one off game and just talk the hwhole bloody time.

Would we be against it if there was more for winning matches? And some TV interest?

I don't like the idea, but if PL B-teams means more prize money then that might not be a bad thing.

It's more the thin of the wedge thing that bothers me. Only a short step from this to having B teams brought in to the league structure which I think would be appalling.

I can see why L2 clubs wouldn't mind though. Round One of the JPT - think of the crowds we would get for (say) hosting Spurs B as opposed to Dagenham.

Absolute farce. Just leave it alone.

The JPT is the only realistic opportunity League 1 & 2 clubs have of reaching a Wembley final.

If the foreign imports were actually policed correctly we wouldn't have this issue of the young British talent needing to play in B teams.

It's not even part of the same league! Clue is in the title, FOOTBALL LEAGUE TROPHY

Couldn't give a T***. We've been there and done it and I must say attmosphere wise it was the biggest anti climax I've ever experinced. The problem is we can easily fill the end with 30,000+ shrimpers but the vast majority of those have probably not been to a league game for ten years and have no interest in making any type of noise. Much better to fill an away end like Chelsea or Spurs with 3-4,000 passionate blues than the type that go to a one off game and just talk the hwhole bloody time.

I sort of agree with you, but leaving aside the fact that we were rubbish that day, it cost a fortune and we totally bolloxed up the manager bit, it was quite something to sit amongst 30k+ people 'supporting' the Blues. I never thought I would see us at Wembley contesting a Cup final with that many people in our corner, and just for the overall experience it will live in my good memories box. Yeah, I would want it again!

Another case of the Lords and Masters of the Prem dictating and flexing their muscles, trophy's are for the sole right of the elite after all, not for the likes of any minnows.
I also do not understand why only AFC Wimbledon stood up against them whilst we and the rest doff our caps. That's the problem with having money showered on them from Sky TV etc so they can pay higher wages to their prima donna darlings, and have larger squads that they don't know how to give match time to!
Thin edge of the wedge, next they will be applying to have their 'B' teams entering the lower leagues.

I'm with you Rootshallbloke but not given the option of 'like' to anyone's post after Pubey's :nope:

We should withdraw from this competition permanently.

6fe.jpg

At least in four seasons time when we are in the Prem we will be able to field a team in the JPT.

Back