• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

You support Romford then I take it? Going on what you said about Tamplin

Welcome!

Romford? Tamplin tried to take over Dagenham before he arrived at Billericay, many of our fans didn’t want it as we all knew who he was after a quick look at his businesses showed he was no more than a fraudster. Two protests and he ran away, good job as look at Billericay now.

Romford? Tamplin tried to take over Dagenham before he arrived at Billericay, many of our fans didn’t want it as we all knew who he was after a quick look at his businesses showed he was no more than a fraudster. Two protests and he ran away, good job as look at Billericay now.

...... the same level as when he took over and with a massively improved ground ?

Exeter yes but they would have been absolutely ****ed without Ollie Watkins. Most fan-owned models hold clubs back because football clubs are utterly unsustainable and fans just don't have deep enough pockets. Wrexham struggled for years at this level with a fan-owned model.

I'm not saying it's not desirable, as clearly clubs need to be in the hands of people who care for them. But you have to be wise to the limitations. We won't be competing at the top end of the National League under a fan-owned model.
It shows how important it is to sign and develop young talent.

Our financial troubles would have hit a lot earlier if we hadn’t have had the likes of Leonard and Bentley and others to sell. It’s also why our transfer policy 2013-2018 absolutely screwed us in the following years.

Had we been in a better financial position we could have kept the likes of Kelman, Bishop, Humphrys, Hopper and Hutchinson for a bit longer and have let their value grow rather than selling low on all of them.

I’d rather rely on producing and developing young talent than on the whims of an egotistical owner. Fortunately we seem to be moving in the right direction once again with our transfer policy and we could stand to earn from the likes of Lopata, Kensdale, Hobson and Lomas.

Running anything by committee is doomed to failure.

oh yeah 100 per cent ... who suggested that ??

I think a limited company with fans as shareholders and clear articles of association could be a better way ..

but if there is ever a possibility of just sitting around moaning I am up for that as well !!!!!!

Let’s be honest mate the trust have tried every other move other than withdrawing support for the club, I really feel it’s time to take the leap and be bold on this. No other group has the numbers or the mandate as I have said before.

Ballot the members see if they want the trust to pull away from the club and help facilitate and work with new parties to buy this football club and wipe the slate clean.

is the trust the best vehicle for this ?

is it constituted in a such a way that it can do this ?

thats why I think a united fan group constituted with the intention of taking over the running of the club is the way forward ..

Ahhh ok, he was involved with Romford Town as well that’s why I mentioned them

You do realise that anyone who has been interested has said Ron will not even entertain beginning dialogue with them?

Alledgedly Ron has quoted a figure. One the fans could never afford. Have to see if Carl or anyone else walks the walk.

Last edited:
So there is talk on bringing in another keeper, thereby, presumably adding to the wage bill, whilst other employees aren't paid.

you are joking right? the backroom staff are probably on minimum wage as it is - do you think an 'up and coming' tea lady/ticket sales receptionist or junior groundsman would jump at the chance of getting probably lower than what they are on now and with the prospect of not getting paid on time... a lot of these people can't even pay their rent/mortgage - its disgraceful.
Oh dear. That went over someone’s head.

Thanks, it kills me this situation it really does, in all my years supporting this club and like other fans spending thousands of pounds for this utter **** show.

Southend United as a football club are an embarrassment.

We have an owner who if the sky was blue would try tell you it was red and seemingly for no other reason that to feed an ego longer than Southend pier.

We are a cringeworthy club, we really are and if you look up in the English dictionary the word ‘Pound Shop’ that should incorporate us as a football club…
A Micky mouse pound shop football club on.

Ron you are a disgrace to football club ownership, your greed has allowed this situation to happen when throughout the past and even TO THIS DAY there are viable offers and people who wish to invest and take this club forward.

As a trust life member I would wish to see the trust pull all support for the club and refuse to engage till Ron sells and the club is in new hands, that in itself may seem extreme but what options are left? The trust are the organisation to lead the charge with this, they have the support and they have the mandate.

I am finished with this joke of a club and I don’t say that on a whim, I never ever imagined I was be this upset/down/distraught/angry/and so on.

DO THE RIGHT THING…. Sell
The club
How much would the club sell for? And how much investment would a new owner need to make?

Back