• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Do you think we'll have any additions to our backroom staff before the new season starts?

Widdrington has not been replaced, Lawrence Bloom has now left and we were already without a GK coach, so we're pretty light.

Just saw today that St Mirren's assistant manager, Iain Jenkins, has left by mutual consent.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/st-mirren/2011/07/12/st-mirren-looking-for-new-assistant-boss-as-iain-jenkins-leaves-just-weeks-before-season-start-86908-23265923/

He's a young, highly rated coach who used to play for Luggy at Dundee United. Coughlan has remained as first team coach, so there is still effectively a vacancy for an assistant.

Maybe I'm putting two and two together and making five. However even if Jenkins is not a possibility, do you think we'l bring anyone else into the support team?

I dont think we will bring any backroom staff in. Luggy is on record (I think ) as saying he would rather spend the wages on playing staff rather than have an assistant (Which Goughlan is doing anyway) As for a replacement for bloom I am assuming the young lad with dark hair who can be seen at half time warming up the subs will be that. (He is in one of the pre season photos on official site as well)

Stefano Russo is who you are referring to with the dark hair. I used to play football with him a few years back and was shocked when I see him on the pitch for the first time.

Back