• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Banning Orders

It's not mentioned in this article, but the majority of banning orders are males between 18 and 30, surprise, surprise.
Equally, less than jaw dropping, are the occasions drink and drugs play a part.
A third non eye-opener is that Spammers have the worst record in football.
Pitch invasions are worrying.
When we're back to perimeter fences, and terrible crush scenes a la Hillsborough, folk will wonder how the hell that happened?

I reckon this is inflated following the pitch invasion vs Chesterfield, but happy to be corrected.

It's not mentioned in this article, but the majority of banning orders are males between 18 and 30, surprise, surprise.
Equally, less than jaw dropping, are the occasions drink and drugs play a part.
A third non eye-opener is that Spammers have the worst record in football.
Pitch invasions are worrying.
When we're back to perimeter fences, and terrible crush scenes a la Hillsborough, folk will wonder how the hell that happened?
Why on earth would a few bans bring back fencing, and a massive disaster killing nearly 100 people?.

Bans these days are handed our like confetti by over zealous policemen, and we have moved on 30 years with technology and the life from that dark day.

Stop your hysterical posting lad.

Wont be too long and every country will have facial recognition capability with cameras everywhere (more so than now!) in town and city centres, sports grounds...everywhere. Will be in deployment in Qatar for this world cup. It will then be a case of banning hoods masks scarfs etc so recognition is possible. Odd when you consider some extreme countries are proseecuting/executing people for not covering their heads!
However, I doubt Ron would pay the bill in time for switch on a match day!

Was anyone banned after that?

I suspect quite a few after Dagenham and also the various games where flares were set off.
Someone the other day on the staff payment issues thread mentioned they have been banned following the Chesterfield protests. Whether that's a football banning order I'm unsure but pitch invasion usually results in a banning order.

Someone the other day on the staff payment issues thread mentioned they have been banned following the Chesterfield protests. Whether that's a football banning order I'm unsure but pitch invasion usually results in a banning order.
There were more on the pitch v Chesterfield than banning orders handed out!

Are these life bans? There needs to be some semblance of acceptance that there is a 'numpty' in all of us and sometimes, mixed with the exuberance of youth, it takes control. There are a lot of older hands on SZ, myself included, and I dare say we can all share a tale of two about altercations and behaviour we are less than proud of.

People make mistakes but, maturity tends to reduce the frequency. I hope the bans take this into account and are for a set period only and not for life.

Football is evocative and relies on passion and enthusiasm. For some that is a cocktail for disaster. Collectively we do not want violence, racism, foul language or the endangerment of others at our football matches but, happily for most, the match day experience is a good one.

Why on earth would a few bans bring back fencing, and a massive disaster killing nearly 100 people?.

Bans these days are handed our like confetti by over zealous policemen, and we have moved on 30 years with technology and the life from that dark day.

Agreed Paulie,lets face it there's probably more then 14 people nicked on any weekend in most towns.

Are these life bans? There needs to be some semblance of acceptance that there is a 'numpty' in all of us and sometimes, mixed with the exuberance of youth, it takes control. There are a lot of older hands on SZ, myself included, and I dare say we can all share a tale of two about altercations and behaviour we are less than proud of.

People make mistakes but, maturity tends to reduce the frequency. I hope the bans take this into account and are for a set period only and not for life.

Football is evocative and relies on passion and enthusiasm. For some that is a cocktail for disaster. Collectively we do not want violence, racism, foul language or the endangerment of others at our football matches but, happily for most, the match day experience is a good one.
In 1982 I got on the pitch at Donnie vs Blues celebrating a goal. I was just ejected. I so wish I’d be given a lifetime ban, as my life since would have been oh so different! 😀

Wont be too long and every country will have facial recognition capability with cameras everywhere (more so than now!) in town and city centres, sports grounds...everywhere. Will be in deployment in Qatar for this world cup. It will then be a case of banning hoods masks scarfs etc so recognition is possible. Odd when you consider some extreme countries are proseecuting/executing people for not covering their heads!
However, I doubt Ron would pay the bill in time for switch on a match day!
I reckon you’ve been watching ‘The Capture’

I did.... and kept thinking how true it all probably was. Then I read in the paper over the weekend how this world cup will have facial recognition in full operation. (Albeit, hopefully without the 'correction' element)

Facial recognition in Qatar? Surely they will only have the faces/data of those going through their border camera systems? I shudder to think that HM Guv have allowed records such as passport, dvlc and criminal records to be exported for their data base?
And where else have Qatar got ID stuff from? All those Dubai visitors is likely?

In 1982 I got on the pitch at Donnie vs Blues celebrating a goal. I was just ejected. I so wish I’d be given a lifetime ban, as my life since would have been oh so different! 😀

Sadly I had to witness your disgraceful actions that night. At least you sermed to have made something of your life since.

Still you weren’t he only one. I won’t mention his name on a public forum by one fan was led away for impersonating a Yorkshire man..

Others on coach back were also singing anti Argy songs as they had just sunk the Sheffield…They was way back last century. They called it fun but at least now we can all be shocked whinge at the slightest minor offence. Nothing worse than seeing a group of young lads having more fun than you have ever had.

This is where we deal with semantics.
A 'few'?
'Football-related arrests were up by 59 per cent compared to 2018-19, the last season undisrupted by the pandemic, to 2,198'.
'This along with 516 new football banning orders in total, meaning 1,308 in force'.

If those 1,308 were all Maidenhead or Gateshead fans, nobody would be allowed in their stadiums, lol!

'Over zealous policeman'? That's an opinion, and you know it.

Technology may have moved on, but fetching footballers a right hander on a pitch sounds pretty old school to me.
Sooner or later, but rather never, some drugged up 'fan' is going to hit a player and kill him.
Far fetched? Use your imagination, please.

If you can't see the logical conclusion of increased pitch invasions and politicians looking for an easy vote, I'm not inclined to spell it out.

Back