• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Banning Orders

Are these life bans? There needs to be some semblance of acceptance that there is a 'numpty' in all of us and sometimes, mixed with the exuberance of youth, it takes control. There are a lot of older hands on SZ, myself included, and I dare say we can all share a tale of two about altercations and behaviour we are less than proud of.

People make mistakes but, maturity tends to reduce the frequency. I hope the bans take this into account and are for a set period only and not for life.

Football is evocative and relies on passion and enthusiasm. For some that is a cocktail for disaster. Collectively we do not want violence, racism, foul language or the endangerment of others at our football matches but, happily for most, the match day experience is a good one.
This is where we need to know reasons for bans.
If someone is banned for life for violence, racism or similar 'or the endangerment of others' - I'm fine with that.
I first went to Roots Hall as a 10-year-old, and along with a heap of mates. we never did any of the three you list, and I'm willing to bet that goes for the majority of our supporters.

This is where we deal with semantics.
A 'few'?
'Football-related arrests were up by 59 per cent compared to 2018-19, the last season undisrupted by the pandemic, to 2,198'.
'This along with 516 new football banning orders in total, meaning 1,308 in force'.

If those 1,308 were all Maidenhead or Gateshead fans, nobody would be allowed in their stadiums, lol!

'Over zealous policeman'? That's an opinion, and you know it.

Technology may have moved on, but fetching footballers a right hander on a pitch sounds pretty old school to me.
Sooner or later, but rather never, some drugged up 'fan' is going to hit a player and kill him.
Far fetched? Use your imagination, please.

If you can't see the logical conclusion of increased pitch invasions and politicians looking for an easy vote, I'm not inclined to spell it out.
I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill to put it mildly.

Things could be worse, and maybe will get worse as policing goes down the pan. It is realistic to foresee a pitch invasion turning very nasty or there being a stabbing and such.
The cops at Wealdstone had an easy easy time, maybe overkill; but rather that than the situation outside The Railway repeated.

I struggle with people's apparent need to go on the pitch unless it's a promotion scenario or like the Sunderland game in 2019.

Do they not realise that the Club gets fined every time someone does it, or do they just not care? I dread to think how much the Club has had to pay out because of the behaviour of our supporters in recent years.

Used to be mildy amusing to see some bare chested bloke attempt to run the length of the pitch and evade stewards and/or police, but now, with the stupidity of some (I'm not talking about any of ours who've done it here), players are at risk every time it happens.

I struggle with people's apparent need to go on the pitch unless it's a promotion scenario or like the Sunderland game in 2019.

Do they not realise that the Club gets fined every time someone does it, or do they just not care? I dread to think how much the Club has had to pay out because of the behaviour of our supporters in recent years.

Used to be mildy amusing to see some bare chested bloke attempt to run the length of the pitch and evade stewards and/or police, but now, with the stupidity of some (I'm not talking about any of ours who've done it here), players are at risk every time it happens.

Probably not as much as the supporters have because of the behaviour of the club.

Sport needs more streakers. Especially girls called Erica.

We seem to be getting quite a reputation for ourselves.But big away support will always come with problems.Most clubs in this league and league 2 dont have such problems.

I think you're embarrassing yourself once again with such utter drivel.
I try to avoid telling others on here their opinions are wrong. I would rather persuade or simply make my point.
As said, you need an imagination, a historical perspective, and awareness of a growing trend.
Do you have any of those?
More's the point, other Zoners also disagree with you. I suggest you scroll up.

Probably not as much as the supporters have because of the behaviour of the club.

Sport needs more streakers. Especially girls called Erica.
I thought our one v Notts Forest years ago was better than Erica Roe. Because ours did a cartwheel. And then the steward didn't know how to get hold of her, Lol.

I try to avoid telling others on here their opinions are wrong. I would rather persuade or simply make my point.
As said, you need an imagination, a historical perspective, and awareness of a growing trend.
Do you have any of those?
More's the point, other Zoners also disagree with you. I suggest you scroll up.
If you want to go down that road take a look at the likes on my first reply to you, and the lack of on your silly replies, not that I give a monkeys about being popular on here.

If you want to go down that road take a look at the likes on my first reply to you, and the lack of on your silly replies, not that I give a monkeys about being popular on here.
Not that you care about the possessive apostrophe either. I can help you with that if you like?

Compared to some clubs we are no where near the worst, football is a passionate game and that’s what makes it special, matches don’t have rugby score lines which is perfect that’s what makes a goal special.
Passion though is always one step in the wrong direction away from issues taking place. The game and the scene is nowhere near as bad as it was in the 80s and huge steps forward made, is it perfect? No, will it ever be? No, but would I want to see the tribalism the emotions the sense of belonging and being apart of something go? Never

Back