• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Who's going to this mouthwatering tie then?

I'm currently working out a route by road which avoids the M25 and other equally **** roads at rush hour. I'm thinking A127, A128, A414, B158, A1000. Any better suggestions chaps?

Back to the game...

Will Luggy make changes and give some of the fringe players a run out?

What formation will be deployed?

Score prediction?

How many Shrimpers will make the trip?

Barnet stats:

(All competitions)

P:11 W:2 D:3 L:6

L,L,D,L,D,W,L,L,D,L,W

Biggest win: 3-1 v Cheltenham (Lg2)
Biggest defeat: 7-0 v Crewe (Lg2)

Goals For: 12
Goals Against: 25

Top scorer: Mark Marshall & Phil Walsh (3)

One to watch: Mark Marshall. Tricky right winger.

Average Attendance: 1,755

Ticket Prices

Pay on the day:

East Terrace (North End) & small amount of covered temporary seats in the NE corner*

Adults £8
Concessions £3 (17 and under & 61 and over)

*maybe an extra charge.

Pubs of choice: A favourite with away fans is The Old Red Lion, just behind the north entrance to Underhill. Situated up in the town at the top of Barnet Hill are the Moon Under Water and the King John, and down the bottom of the hill (under the Underground bridge) are the Queen's Arms and The Weaver. Away fans are welcome in all of these pubs on the whole - Barnet fans are generally friendly and welcoming'. Steve Smith adds: 'if you come into New Barnet railway station, then opposite is a Wetherspoons pub called the Railway Bell, which has a good selection of beer'. There is a supporters club at the ground, but this is for home fans only.

Last edited:
Well PS said on saturday he won't really change team as he actually wants to do well in a cup for once.

However will Corr & Sturrock Jnr be risked? and Timlin is ineligable I think? Evans started last time out aswell so I fancy a few changes, perhaps a return to 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Soares back in, with Simpson CM. Personally though I'd like it to be...

Evans
Clohessey Mohsni Barker Gilbert
Simpson Bouzid Grant Hall
Crawford Jarvis

Bouzid would offer the protection that the back 4 need.

Hopefully Corr will be fit, would like to see him up front with Jarvis.

Evans

Clohessy Mohsni Barker Gilbert

Simpson Bouzid Grant Hall

Corr Jarvis​

I'm there! I love Barnet, is it the Beehive pub thats sort of nearby the tube? I don't think Corr should be risked, only the 'less than worthless cup'

I'm there! I love Barnet, is it the Beehive pub thats sort of nearby the tube? I don't think Corr should be risked, only the 'less than worthless cup'

Pubs of choice: A favourite with away fans is The Old Red Lion, just behind the north entrance to Underhill. Situated up in the town at the top of Barnet Hill are the Moon Under Water and the King John, and down the bottom of the hill (under the Underground bridge) are the Queen's Arms and The Weaver. Away fans are welcome in all of these pubs on the whole - Barnet fans are generally friendly and welcoming'. Steve Smith adds: 'if you come into New Barnet railway station, then opposite is a Wetherspoons pub called the Railway Bell, which has a good selection of beer'. There is a supporters club at the ground, but this is for home fans only.

I would recommend either of these two.

see i want to go to this one, not to far away and only £8 to get in but finishing work in southend at 5.30 i can't see me getting there.

do you think? on aa route finder it says it take 58 mins but they ain't going to happen. how long do you think it will take?

Well, you have the roadworks going round the M25 which will slow you down, along with the normal rush-hour stuff.

But, I still think you will do it in less than 2 hours.

Would be good to hear from M25 regulars on the state of play regarding tomorrow.

How long would you estimate the journey to take from Southend to Barnet at rush-hour?

Are there any alternate routes that avoid the main roads, such as A127 > A128 > A414 > B158 > A1000. Any better suggestions chaps?

**BUMP**

Anyone got any routes from Southend, to avoid the M25 car park at rush hour?

**BUMP**

Anyone got any routes from Southend, to avoid the M25 car park at rush hour?

You could try the North circular, but that's going to be equally horrendous. Unfortunately it's going to be a nightmare whatever way you go - plenty of 50mph roadworks on the M25.

Whatever way you go you will be hit by the rush hour traffic which in all probablity will be a mare

I finish work in Southend at 5 and am gonna rush home, change and hopefully jump on the train from Rayleigh at about 5.45ish. Should be there on time no probs

If the roadworks between M25 J29 and J27 are especially bad and you don't want to go via the A406 then you could try A130/A12/A414 which takes you to the Harlow M11 junction (only about 4 miles from the M25 junction), should only add around 25mins to your journey but you might not get stuck waiting to get onto the M25 for an hour and a half like I did this morning. I often use the reverse route when I'm working in Harlow to avoid the M25 and I don't think I've ever seen much in the way of traffic going the opposite way.

Back