• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Surprised this hasn't been started yet...Apparently we have sold 800 tickets for the game tomorrow, so I would expect over 1000 Blues fans there.

Looking forward to this one. We always seem to do pretty well at Barnet and we're in great form right now. I think getting the keeper situation sorted today is vital though coz we'd need the new keeper in and training tomorrow morning with the lads so they can at least try and get a little bit of understanding going.

I'm gonna go for a 2-1 Southend win. Barnet do look a poor side yet I do think we're overdue a poor performance sooner or later. Still think we'll have enough to get the win though.

Macclesfield on Saturday will be the tougher test.

tough game tho going into it without morris for up to four weeks, maybe a chance for bentley.

Barnet are a much better side than they were last year. Much as I hate to say it as I despise their very existance. Say what you will about the new boss, but he has definitely improved them. They must not be underestimated. We should win though...we can beat anyone :smile:

Just a tad worried, they have McLeod and Owusu on their books. Hope Barker back, Phillips fit, and really good on loan keeper.

ricki holmes will be looking to put in a good performance for them, he"s got a few in the last 4-5 games to.

They do have a bit more pace and flair than last year. Ricky Holmes has been getting good reviews, Marshall is decent and Mcleod can be a real danger on his day. However they are 2nd bottom for a reason and we need to be killing off teams like this. Would take a 1-0 though with potentially Barker, Phillips and Morris out. Think we have far too much attacking quality for them and should have nearly half the crowd too.

Can't wait for this one. I havn't got a ticket yet but I take it'll be fine to pay on the gate??

Think we wil win 2 nil with over 1k shrimpers there. Although I am worried that half the squad are ill!

come on you blues!!!!

Surprised this hasn't been started yet...Apparently we have sold 800 tickets for the game tomorrow, so I would expect over 1000 Blues fans there.

Blimey. We should have 1,200-1,500 there then I reckon.

They will have to open the North terrace behind the goal if this is the case. Although I expect they will do all they can to pack us in like sardines in the East terrace.

Last edited:
Barnet are a much better side than they were last year. Much as I hate to say it as I despise their very existance. Say what you will about the new boss, but he has definitely improved them. They must not be underestimated. We should win though...we can beat anyone :smile:

Why do you despise them...seems an odd one to dislike?

I'm going, and I'm taking about 5 friends with. One used to be a season ticket holder 'til he got divorced and his ex wife stripped him of every spare penny he had. The rest are all orginally from Southend but never really supported us in the past.

Paying on the door, make sure you save us some space...

Ricki Holmes is such a light weight we should have Mohsni on to ruffle his feathers for the first few minutes and I garrentee we won't see him again.

Whats the parking like around the ground?
I think if you go past the ground, there's parking on a park or playing field just a couple of hundred metres further on. It's stewarded so not just pitching up on the local park where you feel like!

think their has always been loads of parking on the hill by the station if i remember rightly and only a few minutes walk to the ground.

Looking forward to it, going to have to leave sharpish from work, 3 mates coming with, should be a similar number to the dagenham game I am guessing.

Looking forward to rare away foray.

Anyone coming home by train check C2C as they have replacement buses Barking to Pitsea after 10 this week.

Back