• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So, we make the fairly short trip to Underhill this weekend. Which is traditionally a happy hunting ground for the Shrimpers. We should have a good travelling army well in excess of 1,000. So the atmosphere will be good.

We have already gone there and put 4 past them this season in the JPT. But, Barnet seem to be an improved side since then and they are currently 4 without defeat. Including draws against high flying Shrewsbury and Port Vale.

Izale McLeod (who we had on trial this summer) seems to be finding his feet again and has notched 6 goals in 10 games. He will have to be watched very closely. They appear to have tightened up at the back as well, with Anwar Uddin and Joe Devera forming a decent centre half pairing.

Ok, so Barnet are 2nd bottom for a reason. But, they should not be taken lightly. Anything other than 100% focus and effort from our boys and they will come unstuck. If they apply themselves correctly, then the 3 points should be heading back to Essex.

Will Mohsni start up top or slot in at the back?
Is Sawyer ready for a start?

Do you think we will start with 3 upfront like we have the last 2 home games or revert back to 2 upfront?

If so then will Bilel be up there? SURELY he has to start upfront, he was immense on tuesday and for sturrock not to start him upfront again imho would be mental

Plus i have him FGS 29/1 and AGS 12/1 so i hope he starts upfront!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so Barnet are 2nd bottom for a reason. But, they should not be taken lightly. Anything other than 100% focus and effort from our boys and they will come unstuck.

What happens if we don't have 100% focus and effort, but neither do Barnet. Will we still come unstuck then?

think the blog done by the _beard showed that the stats are in favour of Corr up front and Mohsni at back then at least if a goal was needed he could be pushed up front .
Sawyer would be ready for a start but knows he has to be patient as the midfield has done well since his arrival which is no surprise as players now have to play well to keep there place which is healthy especially with the next 8 games coming thick and fast.........this is good for Sturruck as it is now giving him options both before the start and from a stronger bench

It'll be interesting to see what Sturrock does. Whilst the temptation would be to stick Moshni upfront and stick to how we've been playing, we've won the last three away from home so there'd be some logic to moving him back and keeping the same system that's been working on the road.

Personally I'd like to see Moshni upfront, partly because I've got him at 33s, partly because I didn't get to see him on Tuesday but mainly because he's on a roll, his confidence has got to be sky-high and right now I reckon we should ride that out for as long as it goes on.

Let's hope the weather doesn't get in the way of this one. The forecast for Barnet today is max. 2 degrees, min. -2, tomorrow is max. 1, min. -2 & Saturday is max. 1, min. -1. Frozen pitch a possibility?

The last three games I've flown over for have all been postponed so I hope not.

It'll be interesting to see what Sturrock does. Whilst the temptation would be to stick Moshni upfront and stick to how we've been playing, we've won the last three away from home so there'd be some logic to moving him back and keeping the same system that's been working on the road.

Personally I'd like to see Moshni upfront, partly because I've got him at 33s, partly because I didn't get to see him on Tuesday but mainly because he's on a roll, his confidence has got to be sky-high and right now I reckon we should ride that out for as long as it goes on.
Moshni got to be up front in the short term, why not its working, but he is a centre back and thats where his career lies in the long term, i think

I'm hearing that there are a couple of niggles after training yesterday. Morris still probably out, Mohsni ankle, Grant ankle, Paterson back spasm and Corr back.

Fingers crossed with a less strenuous days training today most should be ok.

Line up and formation likely to remain the same for tomorrow.

Lump on Mohsni!

Does anyone know a bookies that hasn't cottoned on to the whole Moshni up front scenario yet? It seems like all the major players have.

Think we'll stick with Mohsni up top until Corr is fit and while Mohsni's scoring run continues, Sawyer probably needs a couple of weeks to bring him up to full match fitness, so I would expect his cameo appearences to continue.

predict 3-1 win.

goals from Mohsni, Hall & Sturrock.

Real value in Hall FGS at 16's with Bluesq and Grant is at 12's with b365. Moshni is now best priced at 9's at various outlets.

My prediction is a tin or two on the train, 3 or 4 pints in Camden, 2 or 3 pints in the City and 2 or 3 Cobras in Brick Lane. From there it's hard to say.

My prediction is a tin or two on the train, 3 or 4 pints in Camden, 2 or 3 pints in the City and 2 or 3 Cobras in Brick Lane. From there it's hard to say.

I'd like to thank Bilel Moshni for his contribution towards Saturday. If/When im ill, i'll just tell Em its all Bill's fault!

:clap:

Got a similar plan. Any recommendations for a boozer in Camden?

I've got £10 on Moshni at 28/1 first goalscorer and £10 at 10/1 to score anytime so COME ON MOSHNI!

I've got £10 on Moshni at 28/1 first goalscorer and £10 at 10/1 to score anytime so COME ON MOSHNI!
Was it with bet 365? Think they went 28's earlier in the week. Have just checked online and he is now 7/1 (makes him around 11/4 anytime) with same firm :) That's a cracking bet:slurp:

Good luck to all on Moshni :clap:

Back