• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Einstein

Esch Zhed Eff Schee
For those moaning about Barnsley signing all those players yesterday and how SUFC were inadequate/inefficient/and generally just crap because we didn't, I was wondering whether you would now trade similar style transfer deals?

Would you have preferred another loan signing, but lost our star player of the season?

Losing McIndoe could potentially destroy them even more and I for one am delighted he has gone to Wolves !!

They obviously knew about this going to happen, which is exactly why they signed so many midfield replacements!!

Would you swap Grant McCann/Kyel Reid for Freddy Eastwood/Kevin Maher? I know I certainly wouldn't.

i think you have a good point..

but

it seems we have now failed twice, to bring in quality signings, we brought in Harrold (not bad) and clarke and paynter.. well the less said about those the better.
I just fail to see, why tilly cannot bring in such good signings.. and peaple like Col******r and barnsley can..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 24 2006,10:36)]For those moaning about Barnsley signing all those players yesterday and how SUFC were inadequate/inefficient/and generally just crap because we didn't, I was wondering whether you would now trade similar style transfer deals?  

Would you have preferred another loan signing, but lost our star player of the season?

Losing McIndoe could potentially destroy them even more and I for one am delighted he has gone to Wolves !!

They obviously knew about this going to happen, which is exactly why they signed so many midfield replacements!!

Would you swap Grant McCann/Kyel Reid for Freddy Eastwood/Kevin Maher?  I know I certainly wouldn't.
Great post. I don't know what the Barnsley hype is all about. And no i wouldn't sawp Eastwood or Maher as they are both going to score tomorrow! Mark my words!

unclesam.gif

Yeah, spot on there, McIndoe is a great player & Barnsley have lost out big-time if he goes to Wolves permanently.

Also, just found out Shipperley's move to Hull fell through due to a calf injury, so again maybe, just maybe, we weren't prepared to take a risk on a crocked player?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 24 2006,10:39)]i think you have a good point..

but

it seems we have now failed twice, to bring in quality signings, we brought in Harrold (not bad) and clarke and paynter.. well the less said about those the better.
I just fail to see, why tilly cannot bring in such good signings.. and peaple like Col******r and barnsley can..
I think Tilly is very cautious in his signings, and some say maybe too cautious.  The fear of it destroying the team spirit he has created at the club.  He brought in Michael Ricketts and look what happened.  Now we see both Ricketts and Guttridge have left who have been rumoured all season to have been disrupting team spirit at the club.  Hopefully this could/should have another knock on effect to re-create what we once had...

I think we are completely up against it this season, but when Tilly came in, he made one signing that in my opinion changed the rest of the season.  The missing piece in the jigsaw that time goes by the name of Mark Bentley.  I am just hoping he is going to find that missing piece again, because I really believe once it falls into place, we can head towards mid table obsecurity...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 24 2006,10:36)]For those moaning about Barnsley signing all those players yesterday and how SUFC were inadequate/inefficient/and generally just crap because we didn't, I was wondering whether you would now trade similar style transfer deals?  

Would you swap Grant McCann/Kyel Reid for Freddy Eastwood/Kevin Maher?  I know I certainly wouldn't.
Good shout that man

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 24 2006,10:39)]And no i wouldn't sawp Eastwood or Maher as they are both going to score tomorrow! Mark my words!
Would be nice if Maher scored - last time he scored away from home we won....both very rare!

Barnsley got 2nd rate players on loans, they would'nt improve what we got in the team - McCormick & Riera will improve our midfield rather than weaken it.

People forget this is nearly the same team who is good enough to beat ManU but with 2 new midfielder in.

Were staying up! Only if we can get lucky with the injuries, but with our squad fully fit we will be in the championship for many years.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 24 2006,10:39)]I just fail to see, why tilly cannot bring in such good signings.. and peaple like Col******r and barnsley can..
I think Tilly's record on signing players has been generally excellent.

Eastwood (obviously), Bentley, Barrett, Prior, Guttridge, Sodje, Goater have all made huge contributions to Southend in the last couple of years and we'd be nowhere near our current position if Tilly hadn't signed them.

I do agree that some (and I'm one of them) have yet to be convinced that Tilly has found the right blend for this level. He's made a couple of mis-judgements (or gambles that didn't pay off) this season. But it's not all Tilly's fault at all.

Apart from Col******r, our resources are significantly lower than everyone else in the division. If you look at the average crowds table for the division (a good measure of general revenue - big crowds attract sponsors too), the only team we're below that we could even catch with our current capacity is Barnsley.

I just hope that Tilly gets enough experience and gravitas to pull off a survival campaign. If he does, then I think players will be more open to the idea of coming here - demonstrated we can stay up and 1 year closer to a new stadium. Heck, even I'd think about signing then!

i would prefer to be in our position. to them loosing mcindoe is like us loosing eastwood. and im sure if it doesnt all go to plan we tilly can come up with the goods in january. he might of tried to loan more "better" players but teams dont loan there "better" players out even if there looking to leave in january. Eastwood for example.

mate of mine is a brighton supporter - not sure how accurate he was in his comment, but he alawys said that Knight was excellent in League 1-but terrible in CCC and his scoring record supports this - anyone confirm?

Most of CCC goals being penalties.

I think the problem is a lot of loan signings these days seem to be a pre-cursor to a permanent move, and with our present set up most players realsie we're not a long term championship side.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, once we get permission for the new ground and work starts, we find players are more willing to join us, and, therefore, more willing to come here on loan.

Having said that, I do sometimes worry that Tilly is a tad cautious. That could, however, be due to financial implications of which we're unaware.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry's Boss @ Nov. 24 2006,23:58)]mate of mine is a brighton supporter - not sure how accurate he was in his comment, but he alawys said that Knight was excellent in League 1-but terrible in CCC and his scoring record supports this - anyone confirm?

Most of CCC goals being penalties.
I posted his Championship goal record the other day. 12 goals in 86 (I think) matches over three seasons with Brighton & Sheffield Wednesday. A lot of those were penalties too.

Back