• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Barrow 1-2 Southend United - Relegation Confirmed

Put up with relegations enough times, but none of those feel anything like this one, but it's done, need to look forward.
We're in a new league, something none of us have experienced before.
We have some positive vibes coming from Stan.
We could have a nice trip to Wymouth, have a reunion with the Yeovil fans, or even just jump on a tube to Dagenham.

If it get's sorted behind the scenes, keep Phil Brown and start to look like a football club again, it could be an exciting season.

We went there, we battled, we won. That probably makes the Bradford result harder to take, but at the end of the day we didn't do enough earlier on. Maybe we can all go and have a decent drink or whatever works for you tonight to reflect on the end of an era.

I think PB will have got a good idea of who he wants to keep. It will be a clear out but there are some he knows he can get what he needs out of. And there will be one or two surprises in terms of who will stay.
He did bring goodship on and started rob halford so im not totally convinced...

Id still appoint him for next season tho. Cant see us getting anyone better.

It was a typical Brown team performance, hard working, never stop and have a go. Such a contrast from MM team set up and that's with the same players.

I for one hope we keep Brown, I can't think of a better manager to get us out of the NL next season.
I’m not a MM apologist, I simply don’t like him getting any of the blame I want fairly attributed to Ron as the buck stops with him! But I do think that MMs sides wouldn’t have won that game after going behind, and that’s a key difference for me. As soon as we equalised I lumped on us to win because I can see signs of the old Brown sides of not giving in.

We need to appoint a manager for next season within the next fortnight, personally I'd go for Brown and if not him Fagan.

As for the players, Egbri, Howard, Hart, Hobson and Rush need to stay as a minimum. I'd like to keep Holmes for one more season too.

A big rebuild is needed but I'm not overly pessimistic about next season, we just need to plan early and have a plan for the season

I wasn't happy that PB was appointed but in a short space of time his has made a difference and if that decision is made I'll back it.

I was thinking all game who can we keep hold of... Akinola, ANG and Ferguson all MM players and all not in the squad, possible link? Certainly some big money players will leave, Oxley, Demetriou, Lennon. Kyprianou I think will be an interesting one. PB hasn't seen Ralph play, Clifford may attract some interest. PB knows Kyrianou, but he hasn't played a lot of football for us this season. Could he a starter next season? I feel like I could ramble on for an age.

He did bring goodship on and started rob halford so im not totally convinced...

Id still appoint him for next season tho. Cant see us getting anyone better.

Yep, playing a singer up front instead of a football player would never work :Thumbs up:

I wasn't happy that PB was appointed but in a short space of time his has made a difference and if that decision is made I'll back it.

I was thinking all game who can we keep hold of... Akinola, ANG and Ferguson all MM players and all not in the squad, possible link? Certainly some big money players will leave, Oxley, Demetriou, Lennon. Kyprianou I think will be an interesting one. PB hasn't seen Ralph play, Clifford may attract some interest. PB knows Kyrianou, but he hasn't played a lot of football for us this season. Could he a starter next season? I feel like I could ramble on for an age.
What is the guarantee that Brown is going to stay - if I was him and another league jobnisbout there I wouldn't! Especially as Ron is still in charge!!

One thing I did want to say now I've had my beer and the edge is taken off.

We might have been relegated and we'll be in a different league next year. But *touch wood* my team will still walk on to that pitch every Saturday and I'll be kicking every ball from my seat in the west stand or from my home listening to BBC. I'll still say 'we' this and 'we' that like I'm a part of that team, and that won't change no matter what league we're in...

Time for another one...

What is the guarantee that Brown is going to stay - if I was him and another league jobnisbout there I wouldn't! Especially as Ron is still in charge!!

Who knows what will happen... I don't. All I'm saying is I was a skeptic but if it happened I'll support it.

Proud of the boy, he took it on the chin and vowed to follow them next season. Had some really nices messages (a few from people I haven't heard from for ages). Going to take the missus out tonight and get bladdered.

As I think we are all aware, with PB there are 'upsides' and 'downsides.' On the 'downside' Akinola and ANG have mysteriously disappeared from view and unless they're injured, don't expect to see them in a Southend shirt again. Does anyone remember someone who had blotted PB's copybook and come back into the fold again?

Back