• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Barrow 1-2 Southend United - Relegation Confirmed

Oxley 7
Bwomono 8
Hobson 8
White 8
Hart 8
Cordner 8
Taylor 8
Egbri 9 MOTM
Holmes 8
RHF 7
Halford 7

Rush 8
Goodship 6

Did what we needed, win, after going a goal behind for the first time this season. 100% given again, can ask no more. Different team under PB, more grit & nous. Sadly Bradford failed to do what was needed. Even more sadly RM did not do what was needed earlier, otherwise we would have caught Scunthorpe. A big thanks to PB and please please stay for next season. We look a team now. UTB

As I think we are all aware, with PB there are 'upsides' and 'downsides.' On the 'downside' Akinola and ANG have mysteriously disappeared from view and unless they're injured, don't expect to see them in a Southend shirt again. Does anyone remember someone who had blotted PB's copybook and come back into the fold again?

And that would be a shame. Akinola can be a scorer in National League and Ferguson has been one of the more positive signings of recent times.

As I think we are all aware, with PB there are 'upsides' and 'downsides.' On the 'downside' Akinola and ANG have mysteriously disappeared from view and unless they're injured, don't expect to see them in a Southend shirt again. Does anyone remember someone who had blotted PB's copybook and come back into the fold again?
I too am surprised by their absence, when you consider halford and goodship were played....

It does seem one of PB's downsides is favouring people over others, like the "cool" kids in the playground.

I am inconsolable and feel physically sick.
How can a grown woman feel like this over a bl***y football club when there is so much more going on in the world.

The boys gave it their best today but was too little too late as the damage had been done months (and even) years back.
RM should have had made changes back before Xmas

Let’s hope that RM has plans in place on how we intend to get back to the league and I am guessing there will be a few players not with us next season (good in my view).
But, we must remember it’s easy to fall down but a lot harder to get back up. Make no mistakes here there are no guarantees next season and it certain,y is going to be tough.
Hopefully, will can

Sounded like Phil fancied it next season on BBC Essex but depended heavily on budget...

In reality we were down at the beginning of they year. RM needed to get a change of manager then. PB or another experienced at this level, but too late.

Nile Ranger?

Well I think we really all knew the PB appointment was 6 games too late,and Bradford were probably happier with a trip to Scunny next year.
One man only to blame who almost did the same to the club over 10 years ago. The latest 3 years of mismanagement of the club at an even higher level .Poor management decisions ,due diligence, disappearing acts at crucial times,non payment of players and club staff ,non payment of HRMC resulting in embargos, resulting in the youth team relegating us last year and now this our football league status lost after 100 years.
Protest all we like but the damage is done....the optimism of youth unfortunately after 60 years of following our league club has gone .Will some of us ever see league one ever again ......where we came in .As distraught as you are Ron you still have your pot of gold at the end of the FF rainbow to look forward to....where we have Wealdstone.

Last edited:
In reality we were down at the beginning of they year. RM needed to get a change of manager then. PB or another experienced at this level, but too late.
If we are to believe Phil Brown, then Ron did indeed try to get him in much earlier

it is what it is so lets get on with it

if the pandemic fcks off we will be back in the stadiums next season, so many interesting places to visit, so lets hope we have a set up to hit the ground running next season, not waking up half way through when it will be too late again

I hope PB stays and re-builds a half decent side, clear out the dead wood and move forward

As for the Chairman and CEO situation and Stan...…..what will be will be and lets just see what develops, if anything is going to happen I hope its quick and we can settle down and get ready for a new fresh beginning

I was never ever a Phil Brown fan, but I can’t help but feel if he came in earlier we’d have survived.

Ron is accountable for an awful lot, but not for everything. We’ve been let down massively by players and management decisions at points this year.

Both ANG and SimAk number among the few players contracted for next season yet PB does not fancy them. Weird?
More to the point......can we afford it?
Please not PB to manage in the National League.

And that would be a shame. Akinola can be a scorer in National League and Ferguson has been one of the more positive signings of recent times.
Ummm...maybe the first one, but NF has lived off that wonder goal since he scored it.
He has no influence and he's been lazy.
If ever a Blue has been caught on his heels in the last two months it's Fergie.

Back