• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barton Jailed for 6 months

number11

"Good morning everybody........"
Newcastles Barton has been jailed for assualt. If the term inside starts now and he only serves half he will not miss much football. Am sure he will get a nice hard time whilst inside though.

Just read a bit more detail.....he was on bail for two other offences. He is undoubtedly scum and it's good to see footballers not getting away with their belief they are untouchable because they kick a ball around...

Last edited:
Newcastles Barton has been jailed for assualt. If the term inside starts now and he only serves half he will not miss much football. Am sure he will get a nice hard time whilst inside though.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Am i just too cynical, or is it a strange co-incidence that he's been jailed a week after the end of the season, and in all probability will be released sometime in July in time to start pre-season training ?

Horrible horrible c*nt who should have been locked away for much longer than this

I've met him a few times through people I know and his actually a nice lad who had time for people.... obviously doesn't handle his drink well, but you shouldn't all judge him just on what you read in the media. The English press are quick to build someone up and even quicker to shoot erm down... have you heard both sides of this story? Or just the media's view? What he done was extremely thuggish but theres always two sides to a story.

I've met him a few times through people I know and his actually a nice lad who had time for people.... obviously doesn't handle his drink well, but you shouldn't all judge him just on what you read in the media. The English press are quick to build someone up and even quicker to shoot erm down... have you heard both sides of this story? Or just the media's view? What he done was extremely thuggish but theres always two sides to a story.
I think the judge heard all the facts,nuff said

yeah maybe but he's a thug on the pitch aswell!

Am i just too cynical, or is it a strange co-incidence that he's been jailed a week after the end of the season, and in all probability will be released sometime in July in time to start pre-season training ?

Horrible horrible c*nt who should have been locked away for much longer than this

Bang him up with the charmless Lee Bowyer & chuck the key away, sorted.

Exactly. Meet anyone outside of Southend and generally Stan the Man is absolutely depised thanks to the English media.

Just read a bit more detail.....he was on bail for two other offences. He is undoubtedly scum and it's good to see footballers not getting away with their belief they are untouchable because they kick a ball around...

Makes you wonder if he were with a 'bigger' club if he would have got off a little lighter maybe!?!

Hope he gets an extended stay!

Dash

Barton is still awaiting trial for assaulting a team mate during a training session - presumably not alchohol fueled.

Back