• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Bas Savage

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
It's simple really. Is Bas Savage the most ridiculous footballer you have ever seen play at any level.

He more than worth the admission fee today. What an absolute clown. It is the only time I have ever seen a player go down to a backdrop of people laughing at him. The rolling around was hilarious. Although he should have been sent off, I would have been disappointed if he had.

He even outdid the woeful referee today as the biggest clown out there.

If he wore a red nose, I would have donated to Red Nose day!
Comical dives and rolls and how he managed to stay on the pitch is beyond me!

Possibly the most comical footballer I've ever seen. I remember when he played against us for Bury back in League 2. He skyed a shot so high, not only did it clear the flats behind the South Stand, I'm convinced it's still rising and not far off Mars.

What makes it worse is that he scored against us earlier in the season, and IIRC scored for Brighton against us last year!

when the physio put the bottle in his mouth like he was a baby
and when he rolled around 20 times
and holding his face
and the awwwing
and when he asked the lino why we were laughing
and his dives
and his hacking
and when someone shouted at him "SORT IT OUT SAUSAGE!!!!"

A proper clown if ever i saw one,surprised his manager never took him off before he got sent off.

The rolling around did it for me! What was he doing! It wasn't even a foul. Luckily I think the referee realised this following the comedy rolling and refused to fall for his dives, of which I counted 6, throughout the rest of the game. Hoew they went unpunished is terrible though. Added to the McCormack thump and that shocking tackle.

Tranmere are a terrible side though discipline wise, and they were worse at Prenton Park. Their thug of a captain, Antony Kay, was the main culprit that day.

oscar.jpg

...and the Oscar for being a donkey goes to Bas Savage.

Embarrassing - How he finished the game i'll never no was stunned he wasn't booked for at least one of the dives.

The incident in the second half when the Ref called their captain over was ridiculous....He should have been sent off but the Ref bottled it......What a lame excuse for a football player he is.

If he hadnt already been booked he would have been for the tackle on Clarke but the referee had no bottle.

Fortunately we are able to laugh at his antics now but that isn't always the story and these refereeing decisions are becoming beyond a joke now.

To be fair, he did have the ball hit him straight in the face, but it didn't require those theatrics!

Provided entertainment between our two goals though, some classic ones !!

Iv'e seen loads of players roll and roll to get a player sent off, but in all my years, none did it like The Savage.
Roll/stop roll/stop roll/stop roll/stop roll/stop. Incredible. That should have been his first booking for a start.

Ludicrous diving every time he was tackled. The look of horror on his face when he did not get the foul was hilarious.

Also heard the Tranmere players calling their left back Tigger! Of course this was mentioned everytime he came near the touchline

How he stayed on the pitch i dont know. If the ref booked him for hitting mccormack then the only card he can show is red. The OS says most fouls - bas savage (8). Add the other fouls not given and the consistant diving yet all he gets through the game is one yellow which was for hitting a player which is a red card. Also if that is his only booking the ref has let him get away with 7 fouls and diving. The guy is an absolute joke and is a disgrace to football.

I actually remember him making one Footballing contribution all match - a dangerous low cross that whistled across the face of goal in the 2nd half. Apart from that it was just constant histrionics and fouling.

I actually remember him making one Footballing contribution all match - a dangerous low cross that whistled across the face of goal in the 2nd half. Apart from that it was just constant histrionics and fouling.

Savage was funny but not as funny as the bloke who stands with you running down the stairs to shout at him almost falling over in the process :)

Back