• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the Sitcoms - THE FINAL !!!!!!

The Grand Champion Sitcom is ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Ok ok, i know the second semi hasn't quite finished, but it'd take a cunning plan of Baldrick proportions for that result to change so i'm using poetic licence to kick this off now so i can get some work done :(

Well, i think its been fun and extremely well fought, and after 30 matches and 2285 votes to date (yes i'm sad .. i counted them all up !!!) we are left with just 2, leaving the shows to one side for a minute i think its quite apt that this final should be between two of our most regular, and dare i say respected ??, posters in Cricko and MK Shrimper .. though of course the fact that in Only Fools and Horses and Blackadder they have chosen 2 almighty shows may just have something to do with it !!!!

Before i go i'm just gonna bore you with a couple of stats

The least voted on match was the QF between OFAH and The Vicar of Dibley (60 votes placed) .. now when this started i pinned Only Fools as the favourite, so why did its backers not get behind it in their droves then .. too easy maybe ?? I certainly think they will need to get voting this time as Blackadder is a whole different kettle of fish

The most voted on (91) were the first round matches between Porridge and Bottom and Dads Army and Peep Show ... the first i can understand, but the interest in the second i find a bit baffling tbh

Look i've waffled enough, and i will now let you get on with deciding the winner, this is a 2 day poll so no need to rush

I give you

Only Fools and Horses (Cricko) and Blackadder (MK Shrimper)

Wasn't expecting this so soon after the semi's, but that ok.

Ok reasons to vote Blackadder:

1) The cream of British comedy involved: Written by Richard Curtis and Ben Elton. Acted by Rowan Atkinson, Tony Robinson, Stephen Fry, Miranda Richardson, Hugh Laurie, Tim McInnery, Rik Mayall.... etc etc...the list goes on and on.

2) Four series. It didn't drag on past its sell by date (unlike a certain other sitcom I could mention) and the ending of Blackadder Goes Forth was more than pure comedy, it was heart rending. Blackadder, Baldrick, George and Captain Darling charging into no mans land with sticks against German machine guns and then the scene fading into a field of poppies. Perfect, tragic and spine tingling.

3) Killer comedy lines in every episode that would have you in stitches.

Lets face it, Blackadder deserves this title. I think my antipathy of OFAH is well known, but I can see it's appeal in the first few series' but those clips of the falling chandelier, Del Boy falling through the bar etc have been so overplayed they're now about as funny as a bad case of the the squits.

So Shrimperzone, vote Blackadder!

Baldrick song.

Purest GREEN!

Love thy Neighbour!

The French.

And finally..... Goodbyeeeee....

Wasn't expecting this so soon after the semi's, but that ok.

Ok reasons to vote Blackadder:

1) The cream of British comedy involved: Written by Richard Curtis and Ben Elton. Acted by Rowan Atkinson, Tony Robinson, Stephen Fry, Miranda Richardson, Hugh Laurie, Tim McInnery, Rik Mayall.... etc etc...the list goes on and on.

2) Four series. It didn't drag on past its sell by date (unlike a certain other sitcom I could mention) and the ending of Blackadder Goes Forth was more than pure comedy, it was heart rending. Blackadder, Baldrick, George and Captain Darling charging into no mans land with sticks against German machine guns and then the scene fading into a field of poppies. Perfect, tragic and spine tingling.

3) Killer comedy lines in every episode that would have you in stitches.

Lets face it, Blackadder deserves this title. I think my antipathy of OFAH is well known, but I can see it's appeal in the first few series' but those clips of the falling chandelier, Del Boy falling through the bar etc have been so overplayed they're now about as funny as a bad case of the the squits.

So Shrimperzone, vote Blackadder!

Baldrick song.

Purest GREEN!

Love thy Neighbour!

The French.

And finally..... Goodbyeeeee....

Very strong pitch Paul,

What will Gramps come back with i wonder??

I've voted for both these programs throughout the competition so I'm having to pick between two of my favourites.

Me too, which is precisely why I'm not casting my vote just yet - come on guys, persuade me!

Btw - well done to Blueblood for a very well organised competition, it's been fun, even if I did have to put up with the innumerable slights over my choices!

Blackadder all the way. Only ovted for OFAH in previous rounds as I disliked its opposition more.

Wouldn't like to call this one either way though.

I have to say, I think there have been several better shows in this competition than either of these (Father Ted, Peep Show, Fawlty Towers, Yes Minister and one other that shall be nameless) but my vote goes to Blackadder. Never really caught OFAH at the time until the latter years, and it never held my attention perhaps due to those episodes being some of the weaker ones (it'd seem from peoples comments on here). Blackadder equally hasn't dated too well in places, and the first series and specials sucked ***, but for 3 & 4 alone gets the nod over Del Boy and his 'hilarious' backfiring motor vehicle...

Blackadder, by no means my favourite sitcom, Red Dwarf, Father Ted or Partidge would take that title but certainly a worthy winner here.

Me too, which is precisely why I'm not casting my vote just yet - come on guys, persuade me!

Btw - well done to Blueblood for a very well organised competition, it's been fun, even if I did have to put up with the innumerable slights over my choices!

Indeed well done BB.

I didn't need to think too hard about who I was voting for. Blackadder has been a favourite of mine for a long time and I could quote people senseless!

Series one has its moments, the episode where Blackadder chops Richard the III's head off and the Spanish Enfanta episode, my lurve, my lurve.

It's not a patch on the rest but the whole series wasn't a complete write-off!

LOL @ Ploppy!

I would shake your hand but I fear it would come off.

Not many bosses would be that considered, sir.

Paul, is there the actors Mossup and Keenrick (sp) clip?

What are they going to do? Bore us to death!

Last edited:
Back